• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjdog
    Commander
    • Apr 2009

Type VII hull

Kirt: (Shamrock)

When you do your type VII, open the hull up a little more. Mine is to tight. I have to spread the hull for and aft when shoving the S/D in. IT's really a pain. Plus trying to get it around the foam ballast. I think I'll open the hull further on the next one (type VII/41). More like David M. does on his Gato video. Also open the hull a little further to the stern, another inch.

Order a fittings kit now.

Jack
    Last edited by pjdog; 06-22-2009, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by pjdog
      Kirt: (Shamrock)

When you do your type VII, open the hull up a little more. Mine is to tight. I have to spend the hull for and aft when shoving the S/D in. IT's really a pain. Plus trying to get it around the foam ballast. I think I'll open the hull further on the next one (type VII/41). More like David M. does on his Gato video. Also open the hull a little further to the stern, another inch.

Order a fittings kit now.

Jack
      I'm finalizing the method of accessing the deck to get to the SD. I've pretty much settled on making the entire deck (except a short bow section) removable, holding it in place with a system of cross-braces (transverse frames) and magnets. Yes, you have to spread the hull open to get the SD in and out.

David,
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• pjdog
        Commander
        • Apr 2009

type VII video

David:

Sorry I spelled 'spread' wrong earlier but you obviously you got the idea.

Will you make a video on the type VII build like the Gato?

Jack

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by pjdog
          David:

Will you make a video on the type VII build like the Gato?

Jack
          Not if I have anything to do with it. Far too much work, and the cutting floor ends up with a ton of censored film. Hilarious goings on in the cave, that only I am privy to. I'm saving you all from His Nastiness!

I anticipate the VII will be in the form of the Cabal Reports, but mingled with the Revell Instructions. There are a couple of articles already loaded to the download section .
          Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• plastic66
            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
            • Jun 2009

I have been viewing the Moebious Seaview DVD set, that cave is pretty nasty inside, and the one doing all the talking, well...

I have a Revell Type VII/41 stored away awaiting a fittings kit before I tackle it. I too would love to see his holiness do a build on this kit. I understand the work that must go into producing a DVD set. I am sure the cave dweller has enouff on his plate to keep him in there a while.

Anyway, I enjoy watching Dave build. Keep up the great work guys :)

Comment

Working...