X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • secrtwpn
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Feb 2012

Painting the sub

I'm getting ready to paint my 1/72 Skipjack. It's obvious that my hobby airbrush (used for armor and airplane kits) is too small to paint this thing. Any suggestions, like a rattle can-type paint?

Thanks,
    Farlan
  • secrtwpn
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Feb 2012

And a clear coat recommendation......

Comment

• secrtwpn
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Feb 2012

.................Also, does anyone know where I can get a replacement set of the kit decals????? Mine have disappeared.......

Thanks again

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

You might be able to email Revell in Germany and ask if they have a set you can buy. I might have a set and can bring it to the fun run or mail it to you. I might have used a name on there.. let me check and I will email you.
        peace,
        tom
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
          Welcome to my underwater realm!
          • Aug 2009

I swear by Liquitex spray paint. Expensive, but so awesome. Acrylic, so water cleanup. They make red, black and clear for your boat.

Comment

• wlambing
            Commander
            • Nov 2020

Model submarines should not be painted black. The color is a dark charcoal gray, similar to hotrod primer (which is what I use). The "reddish" underside color is a cross of red/brown, similar to red hotrod primer. Both of which, thanks to Rustoleum's gobbling up of the domestic paint companies, are getting harder to find. Grrr.

Comment

Working...