X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leaky
    Ensign
    • Apr 2020

Hello all

Hello all been building surface boats for a while but I've a yearning to build a sub forever, I've got a Robbe type XX1 with a maximus deck and technirack on the way but I'm flailing around looking for a radio and transmitter. At this time I'm classed as a key worker so buildings on the back burner.
    ​​​Sub mechanics i can manage but I need to have some advice on radios and where to get them im okay with 2.4 ghz but this is a whole new world for me.
    I'm UK based if that's any help.
  • rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

Hi Leaky,

My opinion is to check out Nautilus Drydocks! Look at the vEx 6channel FM transmitter and 6 channel receiver. I have the vex system and it is working great for me. Also it is priced very reasonably! Give it a look on Nautilus Drydocks.com (Bob Martin) is the man if you have any questions. Very honest and helpful!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P4070007.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	138141

Rob

"Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• Leaky
      Ensign
      • Apr 2020

Can that be changed to 40mhz? 75mhz is illegal in Britain.

Comment

• rwtdiver
        Vice Admiral
        • Feb 2019

Dave,

I am not sure on that! Perhaps someone here could pop-up with the correct information on your question.

Rob

Comment

• Sinksalot
          Commander
          • Mar 2020

No you cant change the Vex to 40mhz. I thought 35 and 40 mhz was legal in the UK? You will have to buy a older 6 or 8 channel 40mhz radio on ebay. they pop on ebay UK from time to time

Comment

• Subculture
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

35mhz reserved for model aircraft in the UK. 27, 40 and 458/459mhz is legal for use in the UK. 40mhz transmitters only really available secondhand now or NOS, if you can find one. 458mhz open Lrs equipment cheap from Hobbyking. A JR module with receiver costs under twenty quid. you can use these with nice up-to-date transmitters like Frsky Taranis or Jumper 16 sets. Unlike in the US you don't need a HAM license to run this frequency. Doesn't penetrate as far as 40mhz, but unlikely to be a problem unless you habitually like to explore the deep end of swimming pools. Has sufficient bandwidth to permit frequency hopping, so you don't have to worry about a frequency slot.

Comment

• Leaky
              Ensign
              • Apr 2020

I've managed to source a futaba f14 i need to get a twin stick but they are available and maybe a switch module.
              My technirack order from Wikinger arrived today so off we go, get ready for many dumb questions!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Leaky
                I've managed to source a futaba f14 i need to get a twin stick but they are available and maybe a switch module.
                My technirack order from Wikinger arrived today so off we go, get ready for many dumb questions!
                Brace yourself for cruel, scathing, snarky un-PC recommendations, critiques, and challenge of your attempt to even breath the same air as us Elites!

At your feet you will find two pills. One red, one blue. Choose one!

Let the games begin!

David
                The Horrible
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
                  Vice Admiral
                  • Feb 2019

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Brace yourself for cruel, scathing, snarky un-PC recommendations, critiques, and challenge of your attempt to even breath the same air as us Elites!

At your feet you will find two pills. One red, one blue. Choose one!

Let the games begin!

David
                  The Horrible
                  WOW! I will sure vouch for that! Truer words have never been spoken!! Welcome I think??

Rob

Comment

• Leaky
                    Ensign
                    • Apr 2020

You realise I'm married what's new!

Comment

• trout
                      Admiral
                      • Jul 2011

Oh why oh why didn’t I take the blue pill.
                      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Leaky
                        You realise I'm married what's new!
                        LOL. Touché, sir!
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Leaky
                          Ensign
                          • Apr 2020

I've read the following
                          This build thread will detail the building of a R/C static diving 1/40 scale U-Boat with working lights and sound. Following my build and test bed for ideas

There are considerable similarities with my Robbe type 21 as far as mechanics go would this be a blueprint for my build? I'm very impressed by the build and the way it all works.

​​​

Comment

Working...