X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Underwater Rover

Make it simple, make strong, make it work!
  • tifosi12
    Commander
    • Jul 2020

Very cool. Reminds me of a tethered UW drone I built and took to Bermuda. Went exploring a wreck with it. Had a camera as well.

Comment

• Bob Gato
      Captain
      • Feb 2019

Yes very cool.. I'm sure very good for clean sand bottoms... Keep in mind most waterways and bays in the North have a bottom consisting of a fine mud silt from a few inches to up to several feet deep... And can be prone to any movement of a crawler stirring the visibility up to zero.

Reminds me of a swimming pool cleaning robot
      Last edited by Bob Gato; 12-16-2022, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• tifosi12
        Commander
        • Jul 2020

Here some pics of my UW drone. It worked a lot better in the pool than in the open ocean of the Atlantic where the current overpowered its motors. Still got some nice footage of the fish surrounding the wreck.
        Attached Files

Comment

• RCSubGuy
          Welcome to my underwater realm!
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Bob Gato
          Yes very cool.. I'm sure very good for clean sand bottoms... Keep in mind most waterways and bays in the North have a bottom consisting of a fine mud silt from a few inches to up to several feet deep... And can be prone to any movement of a crawler stirring the visibility up to zero.

Reminds me of a swimming pool cleaning robot
          But this sort of system coupled with a 'real' RC sub would be interesting. Patrol the pond and when you find something interesting, bottom the boat and crawl around the bottom!

Bob

Comment

• Bob Gato
            Captain
            • Feb 2019

Yes I think that the tethered swimming drone (post #4) would work much better then the crawler as seen in the video from post #1-BG

Comment

Working...