X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SubDude
    Captain
    • Dec 2019

Qysea Fifish V6S pool trials

I bought one of the Qysea Fifish V6S ROV's and am testing it out in my pool. One of the coolest things I have seen in a long time. I have been learning the controls, features, the app and driving it while chasing Nathan's Neptune around the pool. I intend to design a RC sub rescue vehicle that this will support. It will also be awesome for underwater chase footage at SubFest 2021.

• rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by RCJetDude
    I bought one of the Qysea Fifish V6S ROV's and am testing it out in my pool. One of the coolest things I have seen in a long time. I have been learning the controls, features, the app and driving it while chasing Nathan's Neptune around the pool. I intend to design a RC sub rescue vehicle that this will support. It will also be awesome for underwater chase footage at SubFest 2021.

Great footage Steve!

That Neptune sure does look great in the water! Seems like you have the ballast set just perfect! I have got to get mine back to the water and get the ballast system (weight figured out) Thanks for sharing the video, it looked like fun!!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat

Comment

• Scott T
      Commander
      • May 2009

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	149365

Comment

• SubDude
        Captain
        • Dec 2019

I plan to take it to the lake today for a spin.

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
          Captain
          • Apr 2020

Really awesome Steve!

Comment

• SubDude
            Captain
            • Dec 2019

Well, the lake today had very poor visibility. It was all I could do to see the bottom. The controls also locked up on me one time requiring tether retreaval. I have also not been able to get it to do a maintenance cycle so I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. At one point after I put it in the water it was not able to get oriented properly so it ended up coming to the surface upside down. Still learning.

Comment

• Albacore 569
              Commander
              • Sep 2020

Perhaps a wireless fish finder? Will signal transmit from underwater? That would be cool attaching to your sub. But if bobber only transmits from the water surface, still can be used to plot track of your sub and the 'target' to be salvaged from. Then in that case use the bobber on a surface craft, a row boat. for a wide search, then used as a navigation aid to closing on target with your rescue sub. the ideal would be a sub that can attach a line ot the stricken sub or that manner. That maybe your solution?

(Just careful driving that cool sub with glass nose avoid colliding with pool walls - could be catastrophic.)

https://www.amazon.com/ReelSonar-Wir...00LEA2FS0?th=1

Click image for larger version  Name:	fP7lH0u.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.7 KB ID:	162978Click image for larger version  Name:	Wd1VskH.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.3 KB ID:	162980Click image for larger version  Name:	iE9t7O6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.0 KB ID:	162979
              Last edited by Albacore 569; 07-22-2022, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• SubDude
                Captain
                • Dec 2019

Some kind of bobber is actually a fantastic idea. It would be easy enough to attach to a sub I think and could provide for retrieval.

Comment

• a1965l
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Apr 2020

The V6 really seems to be a capable ROV, based on my 2! days of driving until it went into the shop for almost 2 months. I have to comment that QYsea online support is very good, and they don't seem to be at all shy about helping owners do their own maintenance. I have a regular V6, not S, so no port for an arm but I'm working on a static arm that hopefully I can use to rope an object for recovery. Videos as the situation supports...

Name:	20221101_201416-X3.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	166339
                  "It does not take so many words to speak the truth" Chief Joseph

Comment

• SubDude
                    Captain
                    • Dec 2019

Originally posted by a1965l
                    The V6 really seems to be a capable ROV, based on my 2! days of driving until it went into the shop for almost 2 months. I have to comment that QYsea online support is very good, and they don't seem to be at all shy about helping owners do their own maintenance. I have a regular V6, not S, so no port for an arm but I'm working on a static arm that hopefully I can use to rope an object for recovery. Videos as the situation supports...

Name:	20221101_201416-X3.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	166339
                    I love mine. Interesting to see its innards.

Comment

• rwtdiver
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Feb 2019

Hi Steve,

Looks like you and Nathan are really having some great fun in the pool! :-))

Rob
                      "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• a1965l
                        Lieutenant Commander
                        • Apr 2020

Back up and running! Boring video from the pond dive yesterday...

<iframe allow="fullscreen" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="1920" height="1080" src="https://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/12626044301_QG6qGQ9?width=1920&height=1080&albumId =151189739&albumKey=DDxSvH"></iframe>

"It does not take so many words to speak the truth" Chief Joseph

Comment

Working...