Name:	image.png
Views:	158
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	176585 Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	159
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	176586
    I got these from the Voyage Facebook page and thought some of you may like them. ​​
    Attached Files
  • Alucard
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Aug 2023

Click image for larger version

Name:	Futute VTTBOTS Clas sub 2.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	176588 Click image for larger version

Name:	Futute VTTBOTS Clas sub 1.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	176589
    Sorry I thought the first pics were large I have reuploaded these at a larger scale.

Comment

• rwtdiver
      Vice Admiral
      • Feb 2019

Very nice Alan!

Thanks for posting them up. We all like our Seaview..

Rob
      "Firemen can stand the heat."

Comment

• Scott T
        Commander
        • May 2009

Cool! They must have gotten some of that transparent titanium for all the windows.

Comment

• Albacore 569
          Commander
          • Sep 2020

Three rows of windows now? Side window luxury suites? A cruise ship with SLBM's...lol

I'll file these with the *******ized J.J Abrams perversions of the original cantons Fu****** ing up Star Trek, Star Wars, now 'Voyage' next?

But each there own. I'm a grumpy old fart. I loved Star Trek the Next generation. (Merriman's warp engines - 'warp engines or us'...lol) After that show the later shows...well...I am ordering the bouncer to drop & close the admittance rope to that party. LOL.
          ​.
          Last edited by Albacore 569; 12-14-2023, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Albacore 569
            Three rows of windows now? Side window luxury suites? A cruise ship with SLBM's...lol

I'll file these with the *******ized J.J Abrams perversions of the original cantons Fu****** ing up Star Trek, Star Wars, now 'Voyage' next?

But each there own. I'm a grumpy old fart. I loved Star Trek the Next generation. (Merriman's warp engines - 'warp engines or us'...lol) After that show the later shows...well...I am ordering the bouncer to drop & close the admittance rope to that party. LOL.
            ​.
            I pretty much lost interest in SF movie and spacecraft concept art after George Pal, Fred Freeman, and R.A. Smith died. Dating myself? **** it.

​​​​​​​

David
            Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 12-14-2023, 03:14 PM.
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Das Boot
              Rear Admiral
              • Dec 2019

You sad sacks are about as pleasant as a horrible bowel movement. You’re just glad when it’s over.
              Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• Alucard
                Lieutenant Commander
                • Aug 2023

[QUOTE=He Who Shall Not Be Named;n176598]

"I pretty much lost interest in SF movie and spacecraft concept art after George Pal, Fred Freeman, and R.A. Smith died. Dating myself? **** it."
                I loved George Pal, especially his version of the Martians from War of the Worlds.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                  • Aug 2008

[QUOTE=Alucard;n176612]
                  Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

"I pretty much lost interest in SF movie and spacecraft concept art after George Pal, Fred Freeman, and R.A. Smith died. Dating myself? **** it."
                  I loved George Pal, especially his version of the Martians from War of the Worlds.
                  Somewhere I have a picture of a middle-aged Albert Nozaki (WW's technical Art Director) holding one of our models. He also designed the JUPITER-2 and LIS robot among other things for Irwin Allen.
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Alucard
                    Lieutenant Commander
                    • Aug 2023

I watched Irwin Allens shows a lot as a kid, I just wished for VTTBOTS he kept it more serious and the monster of the week show.

Comment

• Albacore 569
                      Commander
                      • Sep 2020

[QUOTE=He Who Shall Not Be Named;n176615]
                      Originally posted by Alucard

Somewhere I have a picture of a middle-aged Albert Nozaki (WW's technical Art Director) holding one of our models. He also designed the JUPITER-2 and LIS robot among other things for Irwin Allen.
                      Amen! Mr Nozaki's art design and Mr Harper Goff set such a high bar. Its not just the elegance but the practicality functionality, awe, fear and Wow factor hasn't been surpassed since. Add Matt Jefferies original USS Enterprise NCC-1701 concept in balance proportions, functionality. and just plain elegance. Caviar for the imagination. But later generations, keep trying!

Click image for larger version  Name:	WOW-1.webp Views:	0 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	176630Click image for larger version  Name:	War-of-the-Worlds-1953-1-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.9 KB ID:	176631Click image for larger version  Name:	Mw-M-1953-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.1 KB ID:	176632

Name:	Harper-Goff-Kirck-Douglas-20000-LEagues-1-640x665.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	176633

Name:	tumblr-oejidp-Olci1vy747uo1-640.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	176634
                      Last edited by Albacore 569; 12-15-2023, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Alucard
                        Lieutenant Commander
                        • Aug 2023

loved those Martian war machines'

Comment

Working...