Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MakeHobbyRC
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Dec 2019

Great ! Thanks for all these precious informations! I might go for the 35MHz! But FIRST if I just have to make a few adjustments I will continu trying the float! So about your advice: the 3 pin plug is not in the water it is in the dry sub. In the water passes the coax cable fully waterproof. I will dismantle the float (bottle) to add an solid antenna to the central cable! (How should I do this properly?) should I remove insulation from the coax cable? (Should i uncover both the antenna wire and the parasite wire!?) or just the antenna wire? Then can I solder it to a solid metal antenna? ( and finally the length of that antenna: you say the same as the existing receiver antenna: it is itself a coax with 2 lengths: one long length with both antenna and parasite coax, and the end of it is just the antenna without the surrounding coax! Which length should I measure!?). Thanks a lot that is all great info to me! Very best!

Comment

• MakeHobbyRC
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Dec 2019

Any kind of metal type or shape for a efficient antenna?

Comment

• Bob Gato
        Captain
        • Feb 2019

This guy explains it the best so here's a link: https://forum.rc-sub.com/forum/gener...r-c-submarines Also note that its the second post in "Tips and Tricks" on this forum...you might want to check the rest of them out.

Comment

Working...