Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • llangston1
    Lieutenant
    • Sep 2013

You are correct that my actuating level is putting too much up pressure at full throw on the blow position on the little flapper causing the little bubble to roll off the opening and crack open the vent. However if I lower the adjusting screw to relieve that pressure the vent will not seal at the neutral position. I am sure it's due to the tiny misalignments in the vent assembly and my actuating lever since this is an older model WTC. I could try to reduce the actuating lever total throw when it moves from vent to blow but then I might have problems actuating the propel release valve. I am liking into going back to the old style vent opening but use some screws to attach rather than just RTV (so I can make adjustments easier) and then manny some sort of a cup shaped vent seal/washer out of cured RTV so it will provide some squish when under sealing pressure. I just need to figure out how to make/ mold that washer seal to the proper dimensions. I was considering some sort of a RTV tapered plug seal but I was concerned that the plug might get "stuck" in the vent opening and not release when commands to vent since the brass actuation lever is not very stiff.

Comment

Working...