Out first official gathering for Southern Nevada.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Out first official gathering for Southern Nevada.

Dec. 3rd we will meet at the Big Bend of the Colorado State Park for a fun run.
    Situated on the shores of the Colorado River, Big Bend, with its clear, cool waters, offers dramatic views of the river and surrounding mountains. The area offers boating, fishing and swimming, with the amenities of a gaming town just minutes away.

There is a fee to get in and we will run in the lagoon.
    PM me if you need more info.
    If weather looks bad, I will update, but the waters here are VERY clear.
    Peace,
    Tom​
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.
  • goshawk823
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Oct 2010

Hope you get a great turnout and have fun.

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

I know 3 are coming, so already a success in my books. Looking forward to getting some great photos of subs running in the water!
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• QuarterMaster
        Rear Admiral
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by trout
        I know 3 are coming, so already a success in my books. Looking forward to getting some great photos of subs running in the water!
        Well, if this is the place you're always promoting with such beautiful picture's, a certain "Capo di tutti i capi" and I have discussed hosting a major event here in the Spring to compliment that other one in GA. After all why should the East Coast have all that SubFest fun? Also an effort to bring the mountain to Mohammed since Mohammed is always willing to travel to GA. All Mohammed would need do is play "scout" and relax while we take care of th​e rest.

Do you think that would be a "success"?
        v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
        NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
        USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• wlambing
          Commander
          • Nov 2020

Tom,

So, how'd the gathering go? Inquiring minds want to know! I hope very well, and all had a good time!

Bill

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

It was a fun time small group 3 in total, but fun time. I will post photos later. Thanks for asking!
            Bob, there are some limitations like 5pm closing (winter) and cannot reserve or block out a section of the park. However, it is fun waters!

Comment

Working...