X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuarterMaster
    Rear Admiral
    • Sep 2015

Sailor, rest your oars..

John Basta, Commodore of the Empire State Model Mariners passed away yesterday from complications of COVID-19.

He was working on his first RC Sub, a 1:72 Moebius SKIPJACK.

He was intrumenntal in breathing life back into the Long Island RC Sub group by encouraging us to run with ESMM.

The man was a true professional, I'm extra saddened by the fact our brief friendship was cut far too short.

Click image for larger version  Name:	John_Basta-RIP.png Views:	0 Size:	37.7 KB ID:	148971
    Last edited by QuarterMaster; 04-11-2021, 04:08 PM.
    v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS
  • rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by QuarterMaster
    John Basta, Commodore of the Empire State Model Mariners passed away yesterday from complications of COVID-19.

He was working on his first RC Sub, a 1:72 Moebius SKIPJACK.

He was intrumenntal in breathing life back into the Long Island RC Sub group by encouraging us to run with ESMM.

The man was a true professional, I'm extra saddened by the fact our brief friendship was cut far too short.

Click image for larger version Name:	John_Basta-RIP.png Views:	0 Size:	37.7 KB ID:	148971
    "SUB" Ed,

Really sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Ed! Seems like to many good people are being taken by COVID-19! Prayers to his family and friends!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"
    Last edited by rwtdiver; 04-11-2021, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Bob Gato
      Captain
      • Feb 2019

He was one of the nicest guys I know-And the best club commodore ...Too bad he didn't have more time with his sub!

Comment

• Das Boot
        Rear Admiral
        • Dec 2019

Sorry to hear this, Ed.
        Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

Working...