Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

I SPY a very popular submarine from an unusual vantage point. What Am I?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	166717871.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	326.0 KB
ID:	116414
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Kazzer
      • Aug 2008

The Skipjack!
      Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

OH FUDGE!!! Your Too fast. But .....must give credit where credit is due. I wonder how they got such a picture from that height?

Comment

• Peter W
          Captain
          • May 2011

A ladder ?

Peter

Comment

• Kazzer
            • Aug 2008

The give away was -once I'd stopped trying to see if the badges on their caps had a crown on them - was the flag and finally the long thin 'cowl' lying on the superstructure behind the sail.

I was only handling the HWSNBN molding of that yesterday, so at least my brain is retaining some short term memory!

Is there a prize?
            Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Peter W
              A ladder ?

Peter
              That would be quite a tall ladder. Must be an airial platform or some kind of building jutting out.OR.........OR........maybe a JETPack rocket suit! Yeah...thats it.

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Kazzer
                The give away was -once I'd stopped trying to see if the badges on their caps had a crown on them - was the flag and finally the long thin 'cowl' lying on the superstructure behind the sail.

I was only handling the HWSNBN molding of that yesterday, so at least my brain is retaining some short term memory!

Is there a prize?
                A Prize??!!! Of Course there is a surprise! YOU have my Congratulations and my Condolences at the same time. Congradulations because you are so smart and pay attention to details. My Condolences because like me, you need to get a Life instead of spending all this time sweating the tiny differences between one sub and then another and Playing with Toys like a Ten year old. Does that about cover it? Ok , with that out of the way lets do another one.

Comment

• greenman407
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Peter W
                  A ladder ?

Peter
                  PETER!.........PETER!!! When ya gonna start posting more pictures Dude? Weve missed you!

Comment

• Von Hilde
                    Rear Admiral
                    • Oct 2011

Geese you guys especially you bubbleheads, ever think Deck of the tender, check out the aft mooring lines all going up.Hmmmmm....?check out the DD way in the background, Fletcher stacks ahoy! Matey
                    Last edited by Von Hilde; 10-04-2016, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Von Hilde
                      Rear Admiral
                      • Oct 2011

They painted this one before the op pettycoat Baleo in the same dry dock 1960

Comment

• greenman407
                        Admiral
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Von Hilde
                        Geese you guys especially you bubbleheads, ever think Deck of the tender, check out the aft mooring lines all going up.Hmmmmm....?check out the DD way in the background, Fletcher stacks ahoy! Matey
                        OH! A sub tender. Good idea. Where ya been man? Did you check out the post of "Never before published Uboat pictures"?

Comment

• Von Hilde
                          Rear Admiral
                          • Oct 2011

Have been out and about, last few months. Got to go aboard U505, private tour, with my son and I. They let us go after tours closed. We were all over that boat. Places that the tours don't let people go, liability reasons. We pulled the Navy IDs and said we were doing historic research. Curator gave cart blanch, to access, all but aft torpedo room. Unsafe due to corrosion My son is active duty, now at Great Lakes, Naval Station. Small arms instructor, at the range/armory. I told them I was a historian, and mentioned a few names from San Diego and Nimitz museum. We were amazed by the accomidations

Comment

• vital.spark
                            Commander
                            • May 2010

You were very lucky. Fanny and I went thru her on tour which was 90% a waste of time. They hurried you in, turned down the lights and played a couple of boom, boom, booms to imitate a depth charge attack and then hurried you off for the nest tour to start!! No pictures were allowed inside?? I did take a lot of her showing flood drains etc.

Comment

• Von Hilde
                              Rear Admiral
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by vital.spark
                              You were very lucky. Fanny and I went thru her on tour which was 90% a waste of time. They hurried you in, turned down the lights and played a couple of boom, boom, booms to imitate a depth charge attack and then hurried you off for the nest tour to start!! No pictures were allowed inside?? I did take a lot of her showing flood drains etc.
                              I didn't take many pictures inside. My son did, but, there are plenty pictures of the inside for reference purposes. I did make sure I got one of the scuttle valve. The external displays were Excelent. Cut away G2 torpedo, some of the artifacts, like one of the life rafts. The story of the capture illustrated murals (my forte business) would like to get a contract like that in my resume.portfolio.

Comment

• greenman407
                                Admiral
                                • Feb 2009

I SPY something.................UNKNOWN: AnD No ChEaTiNg Click image for larger version

Name:	02f6acc2e7b65235b59704587f3e7e94.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	117177

Comment

Working...