Clear All
  • Rpmtech1
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Dec 2009

Caption this!

• Albion
    Captain
    • Dec 2008

Either the captain was looking at a girl while reversing, or he put his wife in charge, while he grabbed a vodka?
    Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Rpmtech1
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Dec 2009

Well someone probably went to the gulag. Pricks

OR is this a ballast capable thing?

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

That could ruin your day, and career.
        IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• redboat219
          Admiral
          • Dec 2008

"Okey, Now we'll try all hands aft."
          Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Scott T
            Commander
            • May 2009

The two chiefs on deck (Caswell & Merriman) are saying to the sailor on the dive plane
            " You have to much foam back here and too much lead in the bow!"

Scott

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
              • Aug 2008

"Rightsy, tightsy, Lefty, loosey ... ****-Head!"
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                • Aug 2008

Seaman 3rd-class Ivanov, having just goofed up the forward sanitary tank valve line-up (again!), looks up to the Captain and Political officer and announces,

"Comrade Captain, I respectively request that my pending Qualification board be rescheduled, and I be granted a bit more time to learn the boat".
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• NavyICman
                  Lieutenant
                  • Jun 2010

There has to be a better way to load these rear tubes................

Comment

• redboat219
                    Admiral
                    • Dec 2008

Comrade, i think we have enough potatoes for our patrol.
                    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• roedj
                      Captain
                      • Sep 2008

B-37, a FOXTROT class sub, was not a lucky sub. From Wikipedia:

Soviet submarine B-37 (Russian: Б-37) was a Project 641 or Foxtrot-class diesel submarine of the Soviet Navy's Northern Fleet.
                      On 11 January 1962, the submarine was tied up at the pier in Ekaterininsky bay of Polarny naval base, with all watertight doors open, while conducting maintenance and testing of her torpedoes. A fire broke out in the torpedo compartment, probably due to hydrogen gas igniting when electrical equipment was energized. All eleven torpedoes cooked off. The submarine was instantly destroyed with all hands except the commanding officer Captain Second Rank Begeba who was on the pier at the time of explosion, and Captain Third Rank Jakubenko, who was on another part of the sub base.
                      Soviet submarine S-350, a Project 633 or Romeo-class submarine tied up next to B-37, was badly damaged by the explosion as well, and several men from other ships and the shipyard were killed.
                      In total, 122 people were killed: 59 B-37 crewmen, 19 S-350 crewmen, and 44 others. The explosion hurled B-37's anchor nearly 2 kilometers (1.2 mi) from the dock.

I'm still trying to make out the Russian caption to this photo. I can't make out the last word but the caption starts out as ,"Working on ....". From the sound of the description of the accident, this photo must have been taken prior to the torpedo cook off.

I think that I have that last word. It's a variation of the verb "to raise". So what I think the caption says is, "working on the raising". Which, in light of events, makes sense.

Dan
                      Last edited by roedj; 03-10-2011, 10:30 AM. Reason: translated last word in caption
                      Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.

Comment

• roedj
                        Captain
                        • Sep 2008

On second thought, the "caption this" photo may have been taken after the accident. Here's another photo I have of both b-37 and s-350 after the accident. They are in the foreground. The Russian caption which is not included here says something about a picture of the subs after they have been refloated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5_641_37_f01vi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	61390

Dan
                        Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.

Comment

• greenman407
                          Admiral
                          • Feb 2009

That makes sence. I was wondering what the story was behind the last posted photo.
                          IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Rpmtech1
                            Lieutenant Commander
                            • Dec 2009

Damn, thats a pretty bad accident!

Comment

• Slats
                              Vice Admiral
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by roedj
                              B-37, a FOXTROT class sub, was not a lucky sub. From Wikipedia:

Soviet submarine B-37 (Russian: Б-37) was a Project 641 or Foxtrot-class diesel submarine of the Soviet Navy's Northern Fleet.
                              On 11 January 1962, the submarine was tied up at the pier in Ekaterininsky bay of Polarny naval base, with all watertight doors open, while conducting maintenance and testing of her torpedoes. A fire broke out in the torpedo compartment, probably due to hydrogen gas igniting when electrical equipment was energized. All eleven torpedoes cooked off. The submarine was instantly destroyed with all hands except the commanding officer Captain Second Rank Begeba who was on the pier at the time of explosion, and Captain Third Rank Jakubenko, who was on another part of the sub base.
                              Soviet submarine S-350, a Project 633 or Romeo-class submarine tied up next to B-37, was badly damaged by the explosion as well, and several men from other ships and the shipyard were killed.
                              In total, 122 people were killed: 59 B-37 crewmen, 19 S-350 crewmen, and 44 others. The explosion hurled B-37's anchor nearly 2 kilometers (1.2 mi) from the dock.

I'm still trying to make out the Russian caption to this photo. I can't make out the last word but the caption starts out as ,"Working on ....". From the sound of the description of the accident, this photo must have been taken prior to the torpedo cook off.
                              Caption....."Communism -not built to the lowest cost but built by the loweliest conscripts."

The same Hydrogen proxide issue, the same failed technology, would cause the Kursk to go to to the bottom 38 years later, save of course the Soviets would try and blame "Western involvement".
                              HMS Sidon died the same way. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Sidon_%28P259%29
                              John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
                              Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

Working...