Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

The Move!

About three weeks ago, we moved into our new house. We decided to move closer to our two sons who live in Fairport. I guess the fact that the new property was on the Erie canal made the concept more appealing. I get to fish every day and have my own submarine launching beach.

We've installed a live webcam, just so everyone can enjoy the view. We get a lot of traffic passing by as boats travel the canal system, so spend a few minutes and see whats going on.

See the live webcam here

Hopefully, when we've settled in, I'll be able to get a submarine in the water and attack some local shipping. I'll post the events here.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

I've looked over the video image from the house. Man! What a great place to play with r/c submarines.

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• pjdog
      Commander
      • Apr 2009

I came to visit at 9:04 pm my time 10:04 pm your time. It's dark. We need some baseball field lights out there. Are you going to run Sub missions at night?

I'll come again tomorrow in daylight.

Jack

Comment

• Slats
        Vice Admiral
        • Aug 2008

Mike - nice,
        all we need now is a webcam in the Wizard's workshop!

J
        John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
        Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Slats
          Mike - nice,
          all we need now is a webcam in the Wizard's workshop!

J
          Not gonna happen, Pal! I would have to stop picking my nose.

David,
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• pjdog
            Commander
            • Apr 2009

Really nice Mike. Very impressive.

Jack

Comment

• pjdog
              Commander
              • Apr 2009

I was using the webcam to watch you work on your waterfront propety today @ 12:59 central time. I guess you where building sub pens. You have a nice bass boat also. Looks like a big kick ass motor!

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by pjdog
                I was using the webcam to watch you work on your waterfront propety today @ 12:59 central time. I guess you where building sub pens. You have a nice bass boat also. Looks like a big kick ass motor!
                Nice work, Mike!...

... you've turned us into a bunch of Internet stalkers!

Watch the movie, Forbin Project. I guarantee you'll unplug that camera by the end of the last reel!

David,
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• pjdog
                  Commander
                  • Apr 2009

I feel like a peeping tom watching you work. Glad you switched to a wheelbrow to transport the blocks to the water front. I was afraid you where going to carry each and every one by hand. also glad the forman came out to give you direction.

Mike's gone fishing in the boat.

Jack
                  Last edited by pjdog; 09-07-2009, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Kazzer
                    • Aug 2008

I feel like a peeping tom watching you work. Glad you switched to a wheelbrow to transport the blocks to the water front. I was afraid you where going to carry each and every one by hand. also glad the forman came out to give you direction.

Mike's gone fishing in the boat.

Jack

Yes, I wised up and used the barrow! Now have 14 blocks along the waterfront of the submarine harbor. Cleaned out a lot of stones so launching should be easy.

As for fishing in the boat, no! I took Carol to the village and we nailed a bottle of wine in the local Irish pub, then cruised back looking at all the waterfront properties. The lifting bridge operator in Fairport invited us into the control room and we got to press the buttons to stop the traffic, ring the bronze 1900's bell, and raise and lower the bridge.

I even had the neighbors round to look at my submarines today! What a great day!:wink:

Comment

• pjdog
                      Commander
                      • Apr 2009

I'm watching you work on the boat side of the dock today. I think we need one of these in the cave too so we can watch torpedo progress.

There's alot of bike traffic on the other side of the canal.

Is there a speed limit to reduce boat wake for the home owners?

Post some pictures of the sub pens. The land falls off and I can't see what you've built.

jack
                      Last edited by pjdog; 09-08-2009, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

I'm watching you work on the boat side of the dock today. I think we need one of these in the cave too so we can watch torpedo progress.

There's alot of bike traffic on the other side of the canal.

Is there a speed limit to reduce boat wake for the home owners?

Post some pictures of the sub pens. The land falls off and I can't see what you've built.

jack
                        Damit, Jack! ... Stop that!

Charles Forbin
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• pjdog
                          Commander
                          • Apr 2009

Saw you fishing. Did you catch any fish, if so what kind?

jack

Comment

• Kazzer
                            • Aug 2008

I caught an 18" Freshwater Drum on a Rapell Perch Lure. Hooked in the lip with the primary treble hook. Released in good condition.

At 5.30pm, we took the boat to Bushnell's Basin for the first time. Had a couple of drinks in the c1810 tavern and returned, only to find the Fairport Rowing Club 8 girl crews cluttering up the canal. We had to hang around until they moved over to let us through. The trouble with a bass boat is that you simply cannot run the boat at 10mph and not create a wake. We have to do 25-30 mph to produce no wake. Weeeeehhhhhh!

Comment

• pjdog
                              Commander
                              • Apr 2009

Me see's maybe eight (8) Yankees sitin' on a log everyone is rowing.

Comment

Working...