Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vital.spark
    Commander
    • May 2010

I suggest that the Groupner home page is opened and click on their Premium Line to acces the Type VIIC and othe Target boats.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Looks convertable to full submerged operation. At the site Myron kindly provided there are some shots of the model 'plowing' underwater dynamically -- butt high up in the air, propellers churning! Ugly.

Obviously intended for surface running only.
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• herrmill
        Commander
        • Dec 2008

If you ever get tired of drooling over that Graupner Type VII down in Kowloon, there is a larger scale land-based model you may want to seek out somewhere on your side of the harbor. :biggrin:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01080.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	68385 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01089.jpg
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	68386 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0281.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	68384

Comment

• Tugfan
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Nov 2010

Overpriced.:pop

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

And what ... Tugfan ... do you consider a 'fair' price?

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Slats
              Vice Admiral
              • Aug 2008

In terms of the ready to run scale ship market, Graupner (sorry KY make on behalf of Graupner) great models. The battleships are bespoke works of craftsmanship on their own. However, the accompanying engineering packages are in my opinion a BIG let down. Buyers need to be prepared to fit more efficient and reliable drive systems (that's if you can get to them). That said, if you always wanted to build a ship with a high level of detail but don't have the time or skill for building or basic assembly then these offer a good deal of bang for the cost asked.

Re their sub however, I'd want to have a LOT more information on regarding not only scale fidelity but the accessibility within to service and / or add another WTC setup within. Cutting corners with the engineering of a mass produced model boat (as good as I attest these are) is one thing, BUT following that business model with a RC sub is a whole other matter of customer satisfaction versus external patrol.
              John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
              Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Kazzer
                • Aug 2008

It's going to be hard to get any info out of Graupner. They seem to be quite hostile towards emails. I can't find any way of communicating with them.

Here's the USA Dealer

Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Tugfan
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Nov 2010

If the damn thing dove, I might say it's worth the price. Since it doesn't, then it isn't. So there. :P

Comment

• herrmill
                    Commander
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Slats
                    The battleships are bespoke works of craftsmanship on their own. However, the accompanying engineering packages are in my opinion a BIG let down.
                    You've got that right! I've seen the internals of their models & all seem to be identical to the Catherine fishing boat I have that they used to produce for Thunder Tiger.

I'll see them next week at SIME & will be happy to take some photos if their staff aren't looking.

Comment

• Slats
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by herrmill
                      You've got that right! I've seen the internals of their models & all seem to be identical to the Catherine fishing boat I have that they used to produce for Thunder Tiger.

I'll see them next week at SIME & will be happy to take some photos if their staff aren't looking.
                      yeah and I am thrilled I went and had a long cold shower and did not buy their Titanic...

J
                      John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• herrmill
                        Commander
                        • Dec 2008

If you're still looking for that Titanic you should consider going all out & building the Hahn/Reed/Davies-Garner semi-kit.

Based on that detail, it will be a keepsake for many years to come.

Comment

• Slats
                          Vice Admiral
                          • Aug 2008

If you're still looking for that Titanic you should consider going all out & building the Hahn/Reed/Davies-Garner semi-kit.

Based on that detail, it will be a keepsake for many years to come.
                          Nope
                          too dam big - yes I did say that. AND I'd have to like the subject a whole lot more than I do.
                          John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Subculture
                            Admiral
                            • Feb 2009

Would be nice to see one built up as Olympic, first off the blocks and gave the class it's name. Known as 'Old faithful' owing to her dependability. Somewhat ironic, bearing in the mind the fate of her two sister ships.

The Olympic class still remain the largest vessels built with reciprocating steam engines.

Comment

• herrmill
                              Commander
                              • Dec 2008

Agreed. After all these Titanic models, her older sister would be welcome to see but then I've always been interested more in the Cunard's 4 stackers. Now that Herr Hahn & friends are working on a 1:144 Lusitania, I'll be more than happy to plunk down a couple grand in 2015 when their next semi-kit is slated to be released.

Comment

• Slats
                                Vice Admiral
                                • Aug 2008

Agreed. After all these Titanic models, her older sister would be welcome to see but then I've always been interested more in the Cunard's 4 stackers. Now that Herr Hahn & friends are working on a 1:144 Lusitania, I'll be more than happy to plunk down a couple grand in 2015 when their next semi-kit is slated to be released.
                                Hi Chuck,
                                got a link to the guys doing the Lusintania?

Am redoing the Hapag Lloyd Bremen in GRP, and her fellow Hapag Lloyd Cruise ship C Columbus. Should have the hulls by Christmas.

J
                                John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

Working...