Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Love it when the Dork lord's getting cranky...
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• oztruck
      Commander
      • May 2010

Doing its thing

Cheers Chris

Comment

• Reckless
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Jan 2012

nice! ... definately makes me wanna add a sinking ship to my project list...

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

That is so cool!! Great work Chris.
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• oztruck
            Commander
            • May 2010

We now take you live to the ups and downs of the "SS Gosunda"

1/72 scale Tramp steamer, Target for RC subs. RC boat, able to sink on command and resurface on command.

Comment

• trout
              Admiral
              • Jul 2011

I love the name and the humor in it.
              If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Pablo
                Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                • Jul 2010

This one does not sink to the bottom, but it's still nice to watch.
                This video is from a french regatta Ile Bouchard 2009

My personnal website : http://www.loubet-modelisme.com

Comment

• oztruck
                  Commander
                  • May 2010

I was lucky enough to win one of "Caswells" waterproof video camera.

Took it and the Gosunda to the pond to try it out, this is what I managed to get.

Comment

• James Wittaker
                    Lieutenant
                    • Oct 2021

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
                    **** Brenner, years ago asked me to come with a means of generating a water plume that would render the effect of a close aboard underwater explosion. He had built up a 'sinking' battle-ship that employed one of my WTC's to control, power, and sink it -- just like a submarine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12321[/ATTACH]

My partner in crime, Kevin Rimrodt and I produced a servo operated 'firing valve' from a Schrader valve that squired propellant liquid into a firing chamber that contained a small amount of water. The methane-butane, mixing with the warm water, would immediately expand to gas, throwing the water, now pretty much a vapor, high into the air. **** installed our device into the model and uses it to simulate a torpedo hit, at which point he would command the WTC to vent the ballast tank, and down would go his battle-ship. Either through transmitted command, or automatic operation of the fail-safe, the WTC's ballast tank is blown, and up comes ****'s Battle-ship, ready to operate with the fleet again -- risen from the grave.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12317[/ATTACH]

The device is set into the hull so that the base of the firing chamber is just below the waterline (a small hole in the side of the firing chamber permits water to enter. All that is needed is a shot of propellant to generate a loud 'Whoosh' sound accompanied by a magnificent plume of water. Kevin demonstrates here. Noet that **** built the deck as an open mesh -- this to permit quick venting of the hull as the WTC floods, dragging the hull to Davy-Jones' Locker.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12320[/ATTACH]

****'s battle-ship outfitted with its WTC. Note the many large holes punched through the bottom of the hull to aid in flooding and discharge of water.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12322[/ATTACH]

**** at the lake, ready to launch his sinking battle-ship. **** does it all: a frist-class Machinist, Kit producer, contest flyer, Jeweler, etc. And all round, Good-Guy! These shots were taken May, 1995
                    Butane gas absorbs a lot of heat, does it make a small amount of water freeze?

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by James Wittaker

Butane gas absorbs a lot of heat, does it make a small amount of water freeze?
                      I don't know.
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...