X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reddevil
    Commander
    • Jun 2009

Rpmtech and 1/72 kilo kit

Good day all. After almost two years waiting for Mr. Palumbo to send either the sub or the money, he seems missing because doesn't answer my messages in his webpage and in his personal e-mail Addres. Also Ian (AKA COSMO) seems to have vanished after some encouraqging messages about solving this situation. As every other things have failed, I tried to contact with F.B.I, because what Mr. Palumbo have done is a fraud in the internet, which is qualfied as federal crime. AS I live in Spain, this attempt was fruitless (at this moment). What I've done now is requiesting US Embassy in Spain and Spanish Embassy in US about what can I do to have the money back. I encourage you all in the same situation to do the same, and people in the States to talk with F.B.I. I can provide you aditional data on people affected by this man's actions. Union makes force.
    Regards from Madrid.
    Juan Carlos.
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

This really is a disgraceful business, and I am the subject of some losses here too, but nothing on the scale of many others.

Against my better judgement, I'm going to let this post stand, so others may comment on their situation.

Some people simply do not know how to behave themselves business-wise.

So, here are a few tips for would be buyers.

1. Never send cash, checks, or money orders. You have no buyers insurance when doing this.
    2. NEVER EVER send the full amount. A vendor worth his salt does not need a 100% payment before he even starts a project. If he can't afford the few bucks for the few materials involved, he simply isn't worth doing business with.
    3. Offer a 10% deposit - at most. Make the final payment BY CREDIT CARD (not debit card) only when he can offer a tracking number. It is ILLEGAL in the USA to charge a credit card and not send the goods.
    4. Do not use Paypal, especially from overseas. Their payback on claims is flawed in my opinion.
    5. Use UPS or FEDEX to ship the product, especially overseas. I know it's more expensive than the mail, but it does not go through different countries mail system, all subject to a greater loss factor.
    6. If the goods are damaged, sub-standard or delayed, notify the vendor in writing and IMMEDIATELY contact the Credit Card Company and ask for a charge back.
    7. Make sure the vendor packages the item properly. The tail end of a submarine is extremely delicate and things like rudders, dive planes should be removed. The model should be packed tightly in a box, not allowed to slop around. Popcorn is bad.
    8. Get a FIRM delivery date. Vendors should have the model in stock so the wait should be minimal. New products are different and there might be a wait, but do not part with any money at this point.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Albion
      Captain
      • Dec 2008

Where has he gone???
      Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• RCSubGuy
        Welcome to my underwater realm!
        • Aug 2009

Not that it will help much, but I have two RPMTech Kilos. I'd be willing to part with one. Its in "used" condition, but in good overall shape in anyone's interested.

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

There was a Kilo kit from him on Ebay a week ago.
          IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• reddevil
            Commander
            • Jun 2009

Thank you all, but the budget for the sub went away when I ordered it in january 2010.

Comment

• Kazzer
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SubHuman
              Not that it will help much, but I have two RPMTech Kilos. I'd be willing to part with one. Its in "used" condition, but in good overall shape in anyone's interested.
              I'm not sure what you are proposing here Bob. Is this a freebie?
              Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• gunther
                Ensign
                • Mar 2011

yes is it is nearly one year to the day that i posted off the money that was asked for by rick for the kilo submarine. I posted the money as i thought
                because of his presence on this site, and the models he was making, and the emails and details of the models, made this a sure bet, but alas im one of the many that have been caught up. hopefully it will be retified, am i holding my breath, yes i am, i have still some faith in that the goods will come thru
                regards to all and have a great xmas/newyear

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Kazzer
                  I'm not sure what you are proposing here Bob. Is this a freebie?
                  Well, not a freebie, but I'll let it go for what I have into it.. $500 plus shipping. Its completely built up... just needs some TLC to get her back in ship-shape shape!

Comment

• jim h
                    Lieutenant
                    • Aug 2008

Picture please.
                    spongjim5@yahoo.com

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                      • Aug 2009

Here are the pics. She's all painted up. Just needs a good going-through to get her up to snuff.

Comment

• jim h
                        Lieutenant
                        • Aug 2008

Does she come with a wtc ?

Jim

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                          • Aug 2009

Yep! Full kit with WTC, pump-styled piston tanks. Everything is there.

Comment

• jim h
                            Lieutenant
                            • Aug 2008

Let me see what I can do. Very interested.

Jim

Comment

• reddevil
                              Commander
                              • Jun 2009

Great to see what I paid for and don't have. Some one is very lucky. Anyone can give me Mr. Palumbo's address, cause he refuses answering my messages.

Comment

Working...