• Aug 2008

Rick Palumbo

Home address
    881 W Rio Altar
    Green Valley AZ 85614
    Telephone
    Home: (520) 216-9207
    rpmodeling@gmail.com
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• redboat219
      Admiral
      • Dec 2008

Oh oh. Gonna send guys to his place?
      Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• jim h
        Lieutenant
        • Aug 2008

Bob email me at spongjim5@yahoo.com

Jim

Comment

• reddevil
          Commander
          • Jun 2009

Simply want to know any other contact way because he refuses to answer my e-mails

Comment

• Cairo
            Ensign
            • Sep 2010

I wonder if anyone has any new information on RP's situation and in particular whether he has resumed or is going to resume deliveries?

Comment

• Biber
              Ensign
              • Aug 2011

Hello, I am another unhappy customer of Rick like reddevil and gunther. My boat is due since summer 2010 and after tons of emails I am loosing hope. Kazzar and Reddevil told me about Ian trying to talk sense into Rick but so far I haven't heard from neither Rick nor Ian. Well, it's a hard way to learn the principles stipulated on the first page of this thread.

Comment

• reddevil
                Commander
                • Jun 2009

A couple of days ago Rick finally answered one of my e-mails. He said that he has a complete misorganization and don't know when will fulfill orders received. He regrets the situation and keep on working, but no expected delivery dates for anyone.

Comment

• roedj
                  Captain
                  • Sep 2008

Cairo,

Resumed? I'll assume not as I haven't received anything.

Going to resume? Don't hold your breath.

I get no reply to emails. I even offered to pay the shipping - no response.

I'm thinking it's a total write off. Very sad as he's a very talented modeller.

Dan
                  Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.

Comment

• Kazzer
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by roedj
                    Cairo,

I'm thinking it's a total write off. Very sad as he's a very talented modeller.

Dan
                    Yes, it's very sad, but there are so many tales like this, late deliveries, long waits, cash flow hiccups. It seems the curse of the model maker industry.

According to my rough calculations, there are over $20,000 worth of models not delivered. I'd say that is not simply bad management, or a lapse in common sense. It is out and out theft. A felonious business no less.

I'd suggest you guys get together and report this to the authorities. (wasn't someone already doing this?)
                    Last edited by Kazzer; 12-30-2011, 06:43 PM.
                    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• reddevil
                      Commander
                      • Jun 2009

I completely agree with Kazzer. I've contacted with Us Embassy in Spain and Spanish Embassy in US. No responde at the moment. I suggest that if any of the affected lives in the US, contact with FBI. And now, please, further communications through private messages.
                      Happy new year to all.

Comment

• Bill Harris
                        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                        • Sep 2009

I'm in the same boat, so to speak. Over two years ago I put down a deposit on a Foxtrot sub and thus far Rick has been unresponsive about my concerns about the timeliness of this kit. Now that I have a physical address on RPMTech...

--Bill

Comment

• reddevil
                          Commander
                          • Jun 2009

I've insisted: A REPORT ON THE FBI is the best.

Comment

• Outrider
                            Commander
                            • Aug 2008

Mike's had some good input on this situation, especially from a business perspective.

My sense of this is that there's a few perspectives worth considering here...

The "I paid for my goods and expect them in a timely manner" perspective is understandable and has been well explored. Nothing to add. I get it, it makes sense, and it will probably carry the day.

The "What's the best way forward?" perspective is a bit more fuzzy.

"I fought the law and the law won." Mail fraud is a federal crime. No orders get filled from jail. Everybody loses. Justice may get served.

"Come to Jesus" Time. Perhaps that ship has sailed. But, if I was in this mess, I'd figure out who I owed what to, post that list very publicly with date ordered, product, and customer, then start building things out as quick as I could. No new projects...just production, communication, and humility.

"Gimme a rope and a tree." Might feel good, but it's trouble for everybody. Just because you've got a street address isn't an invitation to taking matters into your own hands. (Sorry, but I've got to say this in an understandably angry crowd that's probably better armed than your average florist... not that there's anything wrong with either...)

My guess is that this is a big fat mess, that this is not the only element in his life that's out of order, and that he needs some real help in getting his affairs in shape. We'd all benefit if Rick got some good business help on site and if he focused on his obligations while putting his talents to best use.

It's been ugly watching this slow moving train-wreck happen over the last two years. I just hope there's a surprise happy ending, even if experience makes for much lower expectations.

Comment

• trout
                              Admiral
                              • Jul 2011

Outrider,
                              I am in complete agreement with you.
                              I pray that all will get reconciled.
                              Peace,
                              Tom
                              If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• reddevil
                                Commander
                                • Jun 2009

I also agree with Outrider. But the problem is that Mr. Palumbo doesn't seem to go anywhere and offers nothing but excuses. Meanwhile, he have our money and we have nothing. Of course the best would be all of us receiving our subs, though we still have to wait a little more (two years waiting in my case). But if he is not going to be able to deliver the subs, the better is to send the money back... And here is where I think the main problem is. Can he send the money back? I'm open to all options, but also need information about them.

Comment

Working...