What is the best ballast system for an ARK 1/48 type VII U boat?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stonequarry54
    Ensign
    • Apr 2024

What is the best ballast system for an ARK 1/48 type VII U boat?

What is the best ballast system for an ARK 1/48 type VII U boat? I am thing about buy one... Is a piston tank the best? THANX
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by stonequarry54
    What is the best ballast system for an ARK 1/48 type VII U boat? I am thing about buy one... Is a piston tank the best? THANX
    No, a piston is not the best. It is one way, but it is more complex and has its own issues. For your first sub, I recommend Jason's dive system or Ron Perrot's system.

R & R Model Engineering welcomes you to our website. Please feel free to take a look around at our products, all of which have been custom designed and built to make your entry into the fascinating world of operating a model submarine as easy as possible. From a basic dynamic dive module to a full blown static dive system, operating torpedoes, up to a fully built, ready to go boat, R & R can supply you with exactly what you need. We can provide you with a kit to build, if you wish to construct your own boat; all the parts you will need to complete the kit with the minimum of fuss; and, most importantly, free and impartial advice.

If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• type7
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Apr 2009

Piston tanks take up a lot of room in a wtc because of the need for open space for the threaded rod. The ARK model piston is maybe half the size it needs to be and has some serious issues anyway. Older type subs sit much much higher out of the water when surfaced and there is just no way to fit a piston tank for that. I am fitting the R&R cylinder in mine and I am very happy with it so far.

Comment

• redboat219
        Admiral
        • Dec 2008

How do submarines dive? What brings them back up? View information about various RC submarine dive technologies.
        Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• RCSubGuy
          Welcome to my underwater realm!
          • Aug 2009

250 Series SubDriver with 10" tank and dual shaft option.

Comment

Working...