X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Davjacva
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Nov 2022

Winner of the Composure Award is...

On the weekly Bob video I almost had to go to detox as it was only of the road trip to New York. I'd gotten used to watching 'Bob Vs The Flying Sub' with each week Bob losing to the dastardly Flying Sub. I knew it was at the apex of the story when my wife happened to be watching one week with me and she said, ' Is that smoke coming from that thing in the water?'. I hope we get to see the outtakes of all of this, and how may transmitters were hurled at the deck at a high velocity, or were there really more than one Flying Sub, and all the predecessors were pulverized with a sledge hammer? For us, that surely would have been the case(s), but not with our Bob. So 'hats off' to Bob, a big Bravo Zulu for keeping composure and entertaining us for that series of videos and you get the Composure Award. Thanks for all the videos in fact, they take time away from business and we appreciate them. Now about those outtakes...:)
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Yes. Ditto to the 'worst of Bob' video! Canadians are so nice... till they're not!

David
    Ducking For Cover
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Fishb0y
      Lieutenant
      • Jul 2023

I'm disheartened that the Flying Sub era has ended; its unique blend of drama, comedy, and a portrayal of human resilience in a build video was truly exceptional. Since the introduction of the Bat Mobile, I've felt that Bob's videos could really benefit from an increase in spectacular explosions and fiery effects.
      Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Fishb0y
        I'm disheartened that the Flying Sub era has ended; its unique blend of drama, comedy, and a portrayal of human resilience in a build video was truly exceptional. Since the introduction of the Bat Mobile, I've felt that Bob's videos could really benefit from an increase in spectacular explosions and fiery effects.
        "I've felt that Bob's videos could really benefit from an increase in spectacular explosions and fiery effects..." That why God gave us Lithium-polymer battery chemistry, silly!
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
          Welcome to my underwater realm!
          • Aug 2009

Thanks, all.

It would be easy to simply edit out the content in such a manner that I come off as an RC sub god, with every project progressing perfectly and each and every of my decisions being correct and timely, but the real benefit is gleaned via mistakes and trial and error.

Part of the challenge is keeping things upbeat, even after the third explosion in a boat, or when a change in decision I made negates days of effort. Hopefully the number of wins exceeds the losses overall at the end of each week!

Comment

• wlambing
            Commander
            • Nov 2020

Always better to have 1 more surface than dives!!

Comment

• SubSteve
              Lieutenant
              • Apr 2022

Originally posted by Davjacva
              On the weekly Bob video I almost had to go to detox as it was only of the road trip to New York. I'd gotten used to watching 'Bob Vs The Flying Sub' with each week Bob losing to the dastardly Flying Sub. I knew it was at the apex of the story when my wife happened to be watching one week with me and she said, ' Is that smoke coming from that thing in the water?'. I hope we get to see the outtakes of all of this, and how may transmitters were hurled at the deck at a high velocity, or were there really more than one Flying Sub, and all the predecessors were pulverized with a sledge hammer? For us, that surely would have been the case(s), but not with our Bob. So 'hats off' to Bob, a big Bravo Zulu for keeping composure and entertaining us for that series of videos and you get the Composure Award. Thanks for all the videos in fact, they take time away from business and we appreciate them. Now about those outtakes...:)
              "Is that smoke coming from that thing in the water?" I died laughing, that statement needs to be on a t-shirt! I'll take 2XL...

Comment

Working...