• Show
Clear All
  • tifosi12
    Commander
    • Jul 2020

Originally posted by Bob Gato
    I've been watching Rick and Marty dig on Oak Island for 10 years...BG
    And it appears this show will take a similar turn:

Watched the sixth and final episode of this season. As expected bad weather got in the way of diving (as I said before, they couldn't have possibly started their search a month earlier?). They find a coral covered mound which triggers their metal detectors. Good chance underneath is some wreck. Whether that's from WWII, a German U-Boot or even the mysterious type G is a whole different ballgame.

All in all rather disappointing. That said, I'll check in to the next season at the off chance it is what they hope it is. But not holding my breath.

Comment

• Ken_NJ
      Captain
      • Sep 2014

The main character of this show also did 'Cooper Treasures'. Another show some years ago that he did that they found some wreckage, but no treasure. Ended after two seasons. He also had conflicts with his father, another treasure hunter, and portrayed on the show. The father eventually passed away. The show ended after season two.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

You want fact or drama. Pick one.
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• roedj
          Captain
          • Sep 2008

And so, season #1 ends without finding a single U-boot of any type, VII C or G.

I am willing to go on record as having been mistaken about there being a type G. I now believe it was simply my misreading of the screenshot of the ship's drawing across a fold in the paper. I*** I'm wrong about being wrong then, of course I'll take full credit - LOL.

There is a wonderful, IMHO, source of all things U-boot on the net which is...

The U-boat War in World War Two (1939-1945) and World War One (1914-1918). Over 30,000 pages on the officers, the boats, technology and the Allied efforts to counter the U-boat threat.

It is this source that reports no U-boot losses near northern Hispaniola, Monte Cristi for the entire war. I do not doubt that Darryl is having trouble finding a U-boot.

Can the location of sunken Typ ViiCs, as reported on uboat.net, be wrong? Of course it can. Multiple hurricane seasons tend to shuffle the deck a lot. But to get seven of them wrong, all in the same area, is highly improbable.

We'll see - if there is a season 2.

Fact or drama? With responsible journalism, there's no reason we can't have both. Or, did I just answer my own question?

Captain Cantankerous
          Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.

Comment

Working...