X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ken_NJ
    Captain
    • Sep 2014

Generic Mini fuses (ATC) vs name brand fuses

You should be protecting your wiring, be it a submarine, surface boat, or some other RC model, with fuses. Do you buy name brand fuses or generic brand fuses? I came across this video where he does a comparison test of generic vs name brand. The results were interesting. I never did this type of test myself. I just assumed the fuses I have, which may be generic, would blow when they are supposed to. It would be a real PITA (and time consuming) to replace all or some of the wiring in your boat if that fuse you think will blow when it is supposed to and it does not.

• vital.spark
    Commander
    • May 2010

Most interesting and hepfull

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      Welcome to my underwater realm!
      • Aug 2009

That's crazy. I always assumed that they would be required by some form of regulation to adhere to certain performance characteristics.

Comment

• SubSteve
        Lieutenant
        • Apr 2022

Great service Ken, I bought name brand fuses and dumped all the cheap Amazon fuses. Not taking chances.

Comment

• rwtdiver
          Vice Admiral
          • Feb 2019

Thanks for posting up that video Ken,

Very informative information. I certainly will not be using the cheap ones I purchased. I will be double checking my existing cylinders to make sure I have a quality fuse installed...

Rob
          "Firemen can stand the heat."

Comment

Working...