For me this feels a bit like the end of the Roman empire....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrSchmidt
    Captain
    • Apr 2014

For me this feels a bit like the end of the Roman empire....

Too decadent, too ignorant, to selfish.....
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Hey. If you've got the cash, want to spend it, hire me, it's all good. Selfish breeds work. Guys like me work for rich, (sometimes accomplished), selfish guys who want good stuff.

Selfish is good. Greed is bad. Often the two are confused as one.

For one to be his own man, he must produce a service or product others want -- an exchange of like value: product or service (or both) for money.

If that vapor-ware submarine actually gets built, it will be shlubs like you and me, Doctor, who will profit. Some of D&E Miniatures biggest paychecks came from decadent, ignorant, selfish men and institutions.

God bless the money spenders!

David
    Who's more inclined to listen to Ayn Rand than any Christian steeped in the practice of stupid sacrifice and self-hate
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
      Admiral
      • Dec 2008

Potential buyer Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240129_002358_Chrome.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	177929
      Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• QuarterMaster
        Rear Admiral
        • Sep 2015

One sentence, one sentence only please.....

"Bob Gaito's next build."
        v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
        NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
        USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• Fishb0y
          Lieutenant
          • Jul 2023

I would buy one if only to have my kid field day the bilge on a surface transit, then serve him "hockey-puck" hamburgers for lunch. That's how you share the wealth!
          Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.

Comment

Working...