Okay, Color is Better to VTVOS 4 Window Seaview?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rick Teskey
    replied
    Watch the movie color 8 window and Barbra dancing as well

    Leave a comment:


  • Das Boot
    replied
    Just watched the black and white episodes. The opening clearly shows the no vent side.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Das Boot
    replied
    Nope, this was from the 1st season opening. No vents starboard.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Alucard
    replied
    Wow, they should have just added the holes on both sides but flipping the print around is a good second choice, I would never have thought of that.

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by Das Boot
    Dave, where are the limber holes on the back of the starboard side? The port side has front and rear, but the starboard side only has front. Is that because the Seaview was never photographed on that side?
    That's right. If they needed imagery of the non-filming side -- the demands of the storyboard dictating left-to-right, right-to-left -- then the Editor would flop the burning print to the copy print.



    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0479.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	176578
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0476.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	176579

    Leave a comment:


  • Das Boot
    replied
    Dave, where are the limber holes on the back of the starboard side? The port side has front and rear, but the starboard side only has front. Is that because the Seaview was never photographed on that side?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by QuarterMaster
    That last photo, on the cover of T. Sturgeon"s Novelization?

    I remember Ray Mason discussing in the 90's.
    He wanted to convert one of your SKIPJACK hulls to mimic it if memory serves. If it could be done, Ray could do it!

    Ray...do IT!!!
    Ray and I have been torturing each other over threats of starting that project for nearly two decades now. God Damnit, Ray... I'm waiting on you to slam that gauntlet into my puss. I double-dog dare ya!

    Leave a comment:


  • QuarterMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by QuarterMaster
    Ray...do IT!!!
    ...and BTW, he still OWE'S us an ATRAGON!!

    Leave a comment:


  • QuarterMaster
    replied
    That last photo, on the cover of T. Sturgeon"s Novelization?

    I remember Ray Mason discussing in the 90's.
    He wanted to convert one of your SKIPJACK hulls to mimic it if memory serves. If it could be done, Ray could do it!

    Ray...do IT!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by Das Boot
    The question was when they changed from eight window to four window, was the color of the Seaview changed also? I know the four window episodes were in color, and the eight window were black and white, but I’m just wondering if the color was changed between the seasons to account for now being in color. A secondary question is why they did away with the deadlights on the sail? Most US submarines, if not all, had deadlight windows on the sail, so why did they do away with them on the Seaview? I’m sure our holy leader Merriman might know the answer to the question.
    The significant structural differences between the 17-footer as it was for the movie and as it was reconfigured for the TV show was the entire replacement of the bow and (very likely) the sail. Artifacts leading to that conclusion is the existence of a butt-joint backed up by a doubler plate of GRP matt at the bow graft line between new bow and hull; and the nonexistence of any internal indication of a back-fill to obliterate the deadlight openings at the leading edge of the sail.




































    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • Alucard
    replied
    Now I understand, I think the color is a little different between the Movie and TV sub's and yes, I know they used the 8 window one on TV as well as the 4 window one. Good question about the deadlights.

    Leave a comment:


  • Das Boot
    replied
    The question was when they changed from eight window to four window, was the color of the Seaview changed also? I know the four window episodes were in color, and the eight window were black and white, but I’m just wondering if the color was changed between the seasons to account for now being in color. A secondary question is why they did away with the deadlights on the sail? Most US submarines, if not all, had deadlight windows on the sail, so why did they do away with them on the Seaview? I’m sure our holy leader Merriman might know the answer to the question.

    Leave a comment:


  • Das Boot
    replied
    Originally posted by RCSubGuy
    What the heck are you talking about, Casey? Are you drunk?
    Bob, it’s called stupid voice recognition that doesn’t work.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alucard
    replied
    If you are saying it is better in the color episodes, yes color adds to it.

    Leave a comment:


  • RCSubGuy
    replied
    What the heck are you talking about, Casey? Are you drunk?

    Leave a comment:

Working...