Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Bob's big SEAVIEW

You guys want to know what colors to paint the interior of the Observation Compartment. I did the homework on that well over a decade ago. Here's your crib-sheet:

(Loved the Shark!)

David​
    Who is John Galt?
  • rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

Right on David!

I will have a observation compartment with my current Seaview build, and all this great information will sure come in handy for me. Thank you for posting it up! I will certainly save this file for future reference.

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat."

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      Welcome to my underwater realm!
      • Aug 2009

Man, that's awesome! Thanks, David!

Are those blast doors canon, or did you put them in place to reduce the size of the bridge module you were building?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by RCSubGuy
        Man, that's awesome! Thanks, David!

Are those blast doors canon, or did you put them in place to reduce the size of the bridge module you were building?
        They are indeed representative of the full-scale Observation Compartment 'doors'. However, I represented the serrated edges incorrectly -- should have many, many more 'teeth' to them than I represented. Other than that, yes, the 'blast doors' are canon.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Rick Teskey
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Jan 2009

You must watch all 4 seasons too really know her

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Rick Teskey
            You must watch all 4 seasons too really know her
            Yet, doing so would constitute a violation of local, Federal and/or elements of the Geneva Convention laws dealing with deliberate harm and torture. Like all Irwin Allen production, the shows quality (story, direction, and casting) suffered a steady, terrible decline.
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Alucard
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Aug 2023

I will be building the Seaview in a year or soi and will come back to this, great job. I'm debating if i want to use the decals made to the 4 window Seaview or try painting it all. As for the production of IA shows quality going downhill after they start, I agree, I loved VTTBOTS first two seasons but with his shows once the Carrot Monster appears it is just silliness from there. Lost in Space did a 180 degree turn within the first 10 episodes, from a serious SF shows to a comedy of errors show, the transformation of Dr Smith from serious evil spy to bumbling buffoon was almost instantaneous. Which made it a completely different show but I liked it as a kid. VTTBOTS started out serious and compelling and then became the monster of the week and most monsters where people are reused monster suits. I am rewatching the whole series and I am on the 2nd half of the final season. I love seeing the exterior shots of the Seaview and it's fun to watch the ship go from 4 windows in one shot to 8 in another, lol,

Comment

• Das Boot
                Rear Admiral
                • Dec 2019

I always wondered why they put the window frames on the smaller version of the four window. Did they have two builders that they didn’t know what the other was doing?
                Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• Alucard
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Aug 2023

Maybe they wanted a little more detail for the smaller TV screen, so they used frames, or they did not look at the original sub when they made the TV one.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                    Welcome to my underwater realm!
                    • Aug 2009

Logan just knocked out the painting of the parts and we installed a clear top and LED lights.

Darned spanky, if you ask me...
                    Attached Files

Comment

• rwtdiver
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Feb 2019

[QUOTE=RCSubGuy;n176622]Logan just knocked out the painting of the parts and we installed a clear top and LED l

Really nice work Logan!

Your attention to detail is right on. I especially like the muted colors that you used, it's very natural and almost as though you are looking at the real thing. The 56" Seaview that I am currently working on has the files for the complete forward interior. I hope the reduction in file size will still allow me to have some of the interior. Great piece of workmanship, and looking forward to the finished boat.

Rob
                      :Firemen can stand the heat."

Comment

• Alucard
                        Lieutenant Commander
                        • Aug 2023

QUOTE=RCSubGuy;n176622]Logan just knocked out the painting of the parts and we installed a clear top and LED l
                        That really looks amazing, so life like, fantastic job.

Comment

Working...