X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Das Boot
    I got a wild hair and built a 1:350 Seaview this week. Only problem was getting the lenses on the fins. They were so tiny. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5778.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	177496
    Casey,

That is a nice looking model It looks like you have the color scheme down as well, grey on top, and white along the bottom. I am wishing right now that I should have down sized mine even more. Yours is a great size to..

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat."

Comment

• Alucard
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by rwtdiver

Alan,

When you purchase the files (STL is what I use) I download the files in the STL format. From there I download the file to my printer using Simol

This photo shows my Dremel build plate. I am using Simplify 3D as my slicer. This is before the download to the plate has been done.

In this photo the part has been downloaded to the build plate.

This photo shows the part with supports that are required during the print process. This is also where you set up your part sizing, the infill you want to use, and any other settings you might want to use.

This the part that has been prepared for printing. From this point you down load this frame onto a SD card and the SD card goes to the printer for the printing process.

The photos I have listed above is just a short rundown on the process that takes place to print a part from the STL files. There is more to it, but this gives you a somewhat idea as to the process. Hope this has helped explain the printing process!

Rob
      Rob, thank you for the detailed Information, it helps a lot, I appreciate it.

Comment

• rwtdiver
        Vice Admiral
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Alucard

Rob, thank you for the detailed Information, it helps a lot, I appreciate it.
        Your welcome Alan.

Hope it made some sense!?

Rob

Comment

• rwtdiver
          Vice Admiral
          • Feb 2019

With all the discussion about the Seaview going on, I decided to bring it back on line.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SEAVIEW 44.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.8 KB ID:	178878

What you see is what I done with it! Boxed it up as a no go project. Well, what the hell, you only go around ounce so why not put it all together, and maybe even power it up, put it in the pool (If it will fit) and see what it will do! If nothing else (as David M. Suggested) hang it from my ceiling! :-))

Rob
          Last edited by rwtdiver; 03-17-2024, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Rick Teskey
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Jan 2009

If you don't want it...

Comment

• Albacore 569
              Commander
              • Sep 2020

The model to dress Adm Nelson's office film set in 'Voyage'. Later Baseheart. I like the darker gray, but the lighter gray was probably because it probably photographed better in the 20 century Fox pond?

We all grew up drooling over that model. Looks like a clear resin casting from a mold. Then painted, with the windows masked off?. Can one get slide rules anymore?

Click image for larger version  Name:	UzMggAQ.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.2 KB ID:	178891

Comment

• rwtdiver
                Vice Admiral
                • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Rick Teskey
                If you don't want it...
                Steven,

As to the color of the Seaview, I will most likely stay with a lighter grey. Slide rule! Now that would be a subject to pursue. I never did get the hang of one of those in my youth.

Three more boats in progress and running out of space in my work shop!

Click image for larger version  Name:	WORK SPACE 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.0 KB ID:	178893

Click image for larger version  Name:	WORK SPACE @.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.5 KB ID:	178894

22 boats built, and still building! Just not sure how a 58" Seaview is going to fit in. But, I will find a way!! :-))

Rob
                Last edited by rwtdiver; 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Rick Teskey
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Jan 2009

Are there any intake grills on the nacells in the file?

Comment

Working...