X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wlambing
    Commander
    • Nov 2020

2.5" Sub Driver Trials

I finally got to use my new sub testing tank to trial the subject cylinder for use in my Bronco Type XXIII. Addressed several very minor little bubble trails and adjusted the MBT Vent actuating arm wheel collars to stop the vent valve from emitting a steady stream of bubbles. That created the new problem of the venting action now taking wayyy toooo long to fill the tank and submerge. Also, to add insult to injury, the B&V servo picked that test cycle to go completely schizoid and start chattering like a ****ed off chipmunk!!! Bad enough to the point where it won't activate the air pump micro-switch, I'm guessing I need a new servo, so I have that part covered, I think. Another issue I found was I now believe the float safety valve is stuck shut, as no air will pass through that tubing whether sucking or blowing. My face got tired trying either way! Perhaps HWSNBN could offer some advice on vent valve adjustment (unit has the newer style flapper/screw valve v. the old disc on a screw type) and the safety float valve issue. I think I know how to do that one but like to be sure.

Meantime, I have other cylinders to check out in the tank so my days of retirement boredom have seemingly come to an end!!

Take care, all,

Bill
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• redboat219
      Admiral
      • Dec 2008

Part deux

Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Thank you, Romel.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• wlambing
          Commander
          • Nov 2020

Thank you, Gents! Will watch the whole video in the Man Cave (Shipyard office/lounge).

Another oddity I noticed is the stern planes only travel about 1/3 in each direction when using the stick to manually override. In automatic, they travel full throw as the cylinder is inclined. End Point adjustments in the transmitter make no difference. Hmmmmm...........

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

Crazy servos may be calmed down with a ferrite ring (a magnetic ring that reduces interference). Or there is the Glitch buster (simply a capacitor that plugs into your receiver). Check those out and see if it might be of interest to you.
            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• wlambing
              Commander
              • Nov 2020

The offender was found to be the installed ADF angle-keeper/failsafe. Installed another unit and things seem to be hunky-dory once again! Disassembled and freed up the safety float valve, so that's good to go. Getting back into the adjust, test, adjust cycle on the blow/vent valve linkage.

Comment

Working...