X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

Rob,

I'm sorry to hear about the shift from subs, but I'm excited for your new direction as well.

If you ever are looking to 'thin the herd" to make room, you know where to find me!

Bob

Comment

• rwtdiver
      Vice Admiral
      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by RCSubGuy
      Rob,

I'm sorry to hear about the shift from subs, but I'm excited for your new direction as well.

If you ever are looking to 'thin the herd" to make room, you know where to find me!

Bob
      Thank you Bob,

I am certainly not totally removing myself from building or working on submarines! 3D printing submarines is still a passion for me, and I will work it in with this new endeavor that I have launched into! 3D printing is REALLY my passion, and anything mechanical pops up (such as Robotics) I am certainly interested in the challenge!

Thank you for the offer of thinning my submarine inventory. You never know what life holds and if the time comes, you will be the first to know! Thanks again Bob!

Rob
      "Firemen can stand the heat."

Comment

• rwtdiver
        Vice Admiral
        • Feb 2019

Here is my non-submarine build progress!

To date and to this point, I have over 550 printed PLA parts on this subject.

I have not given up on submarine building! Just a little fill in ounce in a while..

Rob

Comment

• rwtdiver
          Vice Admiral
          • Feb 2019

The video below shows some of the movement that I have incorporated into the head!

If it is OK with everyone on the Nautilus Drydocks forum, I would like to continue to share updates on my inMoov Robot build on this blog! If this is going to be a problem for the forum members and or administrator please let me know and I will pull the project!

Rob

Comment

• rwtdiver
            Vice Admiral
            • Feb 2019

3D Printing Submarines is still a great passion of mine, and I will be putting another 3D printed sub build blog shortly! Stay tuned as the say!!

But, I have been building a rather large humanoid robot for the last 8 months. Don't know if any of you have been following the build or not. If not here is an update as to the progress made.

Click image for larger version  Name:	INMOOV ROB 149.jpg Views:	2 Size:	47.0 KB ID:	175913

Click image for larger version  Name:	INMOOV 148.jpg Views:	2 Size:	66.3 KB ID:	175914

I finally finished up all the 3D printed parts (well over 650 pieces) and now ready for the next stage.

Click image for larger version  Name:	INMOOV 149.jpg Views:	2 Size:	67.0 KB ID:	175915

I needed to get this guy standing up in order to install the legs and the arms. Here I installed a 2" aluminum pipe onto the torso.

Click image for larger version  Name:	INMOOV 150.jpg Views:	2 Size:	65.7 KB ID:	175916

I then mounted a very strong office chair base to the pole. the base has 5 rolling wheels as well. This will give the robot some mobility.

Click image for larger version  Name:	INMOOV 152.jpg Views:	2 Size:	68.9 KB ID:	175917

Click image for larger version  Name:	INMOOV 151.jpg Views:	2 Size:	70.5 KB ID:	175918

The above photos show the robot mounted to the rolling stand. I still have to mount the legs to the torso and install the arms. Now that it is on the stand that portion of the build will be much easier. The upper torso is fully functional. I do have a considerable amount of controls and wiring to do to complete the project.

SPECIAL NOTE: While the wiring work is going on I will be in the process of starting another 3D printed submarine build. It will be a 56" build of the "USOS SEAVIEW"

Rob
            Last edited by rwtdiver; 12-07-2023, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• JHapprich
              Captain
              • Oct 2017

That room looks fantastic, Rob. Exciting to look out for all those subs of yours! (And MY Wife often states i already own way too many models...)

Looking forward to that new sub!

Jörg

Comment

• rwtdiver
                Vice Admiral
                • Feb 2019

Originally posted by JHapprich
                That room looks fantastic, Rob. Exciting to look out for all those subs of yours! (And MY Wife often states i already own way too many models...)

Looking forward to that new sub!

Jörg
                Hi Jorg,

Great to hear from you! Thank you very much. The room is really a little messy right now as I finish up the robot. My wife says the same thing, but she says as long as I keep all my builds in my room, I can have it!! I have got to say, she is very much a supporter in my submarine hobby. Love her dearly!!

Jorg, my next build will be one of the British "T" class submarines that the British built in the late 1930 and on into World War 2. They used these boats mainly in the Pacific. I am currently running some test prints to make sure that the parts will print with my printers.

Rob

Comment

• Alucard
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Aug 2023

When I first thought about building a model submarine, I had no idea all that was and could be involved and this thread as well as others have shown me that there is a lot to this and of course not just subs.
                  Making little people and indicate details to models, 3D printing, sculpting your own model. I personally think threads like this help encourage all types of model building and give more ideas to sub builds.

Comment

Working...