Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deepseadiver
    Commander
    • Aug 2008

yes i like that KISS less things to go wrong I will drink to thatI'll drink to THAT!
    Last edited by deepseadiver; 02-27-2009, 07:36 PM.
    Put your mind to it. If there's a will there's a way!

Comment

• Slats
      Vice Admiral
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by deepseadiver
      No doors good :D

dont get all That Stinks on me i have plenty of patience theres nothing wrong in asking a question. :)

hey mate just having some fun....have you seen my list of questions for David re this?!!!

J
      John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
      Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• deepseadiver
        Commander
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Slats
        hey mate just having some fun....have you seen my list of questions for David re this?!!!

J
        Then i wont feel to bad because i have asked the Grand Master to come out of his cave to ask many questions my self. Thank goodness some one else is asking to, but i know Patience is priceless:rolleyes:

this is just a thought that came to me I wonder if the torpedos, has enough thrust coming out of it's tube that it may be able to push open a shutter door on it's own like a small week rubber band that would allow it to escape but the door closes on its own after it leaves the chamber. But on the other hand Keep it simple no doors.:)
        Last edited by deepseadiver; 02-28-2009, 04:29 AM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Then i wont feel to bad because i have asked the Grand Master to come out of his cave to ask many questions my self. Thank goodness some one else is asking to, but i know Patience is priceless:rolleyes:

this is just a thought that came to me I wonder if the torpedos, has enough thrust coming out of it's tube that it may be able to push open a shutter door on it's own like a small week rubber band that would allow it to escape but the door closes on its own after it leaves the chamber. But on the other hand Keep it simple no doors.:)
          The sliding shutter doors on most American designs don't lend themselves to being pushed open, instead -- without a dedicated operating linkage, working off the muzzle door toggle -- they act more like a 'check valve'. Sorry, no easy way to open the shutter door via torpedo motion alone, you would have to provide a trip to open it, that trip activated by the same linkage that shifts the tube from 'battery' to 'fire'.

David,
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• deepseadiver
            Commander
            • Aug 2008

David,
            it sounds complex indeed no doors that's for sure to many linkages, besides it's going to look cool when you see the inside with no doors all painted, with a deadly green torpedo just sitting there ready to be fired.:cool:
            Jim

Comment

• Aug 2008

David,
              it sounds complex indeed no doors that's for sure to many linkages, besides it's going to look cool when you see the inside with no doors all painted, with a deadly green torpedo just sitting there ready to be fired.:cool:
              Jim
              That's what blows up my skirt too.

David,
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Merriman
                That's what blows up my skirt too.

David,
                Huh! Not satisfied with pink panties, now he wants a skirt!

It can be arranged! Any particular color?
                Devilish
                Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• toppack
                  Rear Admiral
                  • Nov 2008

I knew Someone couldn't leave That one alone! :rolleyes:
                  Rick L.
                  --------------------------------------------
                  * Asking Questions is a 'Good Thing',
                  Since Learning is Always a 'Good Thing' *

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by kazzer

Devilish

Mike,

It's Sunday morning ... shouldn't you be in the yard, up a tree, pulling the wings off baby birds, or something?

David,
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Slats
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Aug 2008

Leaving what colour the torpedo will come in to those without an airbrush…(come on guys – don’t like the colour – re-paint it!) :eek:

Here are a few questions of mine. Its not that I am inpatient, its just I tend to build relatively fast and these questions pertain to having my boats ready for the torpedo installation. In fact HMAS Rankin is progressing quickly and I intend from the get go to install the torp system in her. This means I might need to buy and build a new SD for her too.

First: the firing mechanisim.
                      Do we run a servo linkage out of the SD for this in addition to the electronic gizmo (sequencer)– you mentioned previous that plugs into the RX?
                      Is RX 5 volt power the only power required for the squencer unit?

If NO for the servo linkage, and its some sort of electrical device plugging from the mechanism back to the SD – how is the electrical wires to the SD waterproofed?

The radio:
                      Which is the best ctrl from the TX – switch / dial / gimbal?
                      It is only 1 channel required right?

The 4 shots / tubes –
                      Can these be configured across the bow OR 2 per side like on a Permit or later SSN?

Torpedo equalisation and ballasting
                      Does the weight of a fully “propel” charged torpedo roughly equal the free flooded empty tube? Moreover if the shot gets charged in tube prior to release I take it there would be a negligible change in trim (to the bow for example if bow tubes are fitted) to compensate for the liquid propel being distributed in the torpedo forward.

Interior required space in the submarine for 72nd scale system
                      For a bow configuration?
                      For two per side like a Permit?
                      Size (length and diameter of 1/72 scale tubes)?
                      Size (length and diameter of 1/96 scale tubes)?

And something for my FFG and FFH(targets)
                      Can these warshots fire from tubes above the surface of the water?

Range of torpedoes in 1/72 and 1/96?
                      I also read a couple of years back the 1/96 shots actually went further than the 1/72 – was wondering if correct what the science was behind that.

Now that is a list of pain in the back end questions.:D
                      Last edited by Slats; 03-02-2009, 01:07 AM.
                      John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• deepseadiver
                        Commander
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by kazzer

Devilish
                        Mike are you trying to get the master cave man to go back to pink undies or both. :eek:
                        Last edited by deepseadiver; 03-02-2009, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• deepseadiver
                          Commander
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Merriman
                          Mike,

It's Sunday morning ... shouldn't you be in the yard, up a tree, pulling the wings off baby birds, or something?

David,
                          LOL LOL LOL that was a good one . That took the cake.

Comment

• Slats
                            Vice Admiral
                            • Aug 2008

Boys can you do me a favour - drop the panty talk (noise) and get back on topic (signal).

Thanks
                            JohnI'll drink to THAT!
                            John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• deepseadiver
                              Commander
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Slats
                              Leaving what colour the torpedo will come in to those without an airbrush…(come on guys – don’t like the colour – re-paint it!) :eek:

Here are a few questions of mine. Its not that I am inpatient, its just I tend to build relatively fast and these questions pertain to having my boats ready for the torpedo installation. In fact HMAS Rankin is progressing quickly and I intend from the get go to install the torp system in her. This means I might need to buy and build a new SD for her too.

First: the firing mechanisim.
                              Do we run a servo linkage out of the SD for this in addition to the electronic gizmo (sequencer)– you mentioned previous that plugs into the RX?
                              Is RX 5 volt power the only power required for the squencer unit?

If NO for the servo linkage, and its some sort of electrical device plugging from the mechanism back to the SD – how is the electrical wires to the SD waterproofed?

The radio:
                              Which is the best ctrl from the TX – switch / dial / gimbal?
                              It is only 1 channel required right?

The 4 shots / tubes –
                              Can these be configured across the bow OR 2 per side like on a Permit or later SSN?

Torpedo equalisation and ballasting
                              Does the weight of a fully “propel” charged torpedo roughly equal the free flooded empty tube? Moreover if the shot gets charged in tube prior to release I take it there would be a negligible change in trim (to the bow for example if bow tubes are fitted) to compensate for the liquid propel being distributed in the torpedo forward.

Interior required space in the submarine for 72nd scale system
                              For a bow configuration?
                              For two per side like a Permit?
                              Size (length and diameter of 1/72 scale tubes)?
                              Size (length and diameter of 1/96 scale tubes)?

And something for my FFG and FFH(targets)
                              Can these warshots fire from tubes above the surface of the water?

Range of torpedoes in 1/72 and 1/96?
                              I also read a couple of years back the 1/96 shots actually went further than the 1/72 – was wondering if correct what the science was behind that.

Now that is a list of pain in the back end questions.:D
                              [B]WOW that s some serious questions . But they are good ones indeed know im curious also
                              Jim .:D[/B]
                              Last edited by deepseadiver; 03-02-2009, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• deepseadiver
                                Commander
                                • Aug 2008

I think a four shot system is going to be awesome guys just awesome!!! Its going to really turn heads big time. Big seller thats for sure :D:D
                                Last edited by deepseadiver; 03-02-2009, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Working...