HMS Trafalgar Class Submarine Draft Marks

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Albacore 569
    replied
    will web site editor apprve post above...again Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Albacore 569
    replied
    Draft numbers on Trafalgar, Superb and Astute class SSN's, Vanguard SSBN's are a dull red on sides hull and rudder, a medium blue on leading edge of rudder so diving officer can see dive angle through periscope. Models are nice but best to as a general rule look for the actual subs. Sure they are accurate, but what if not, then everyone is copying the same mistake...lol...Not that is happens on the internet...lol Doesn't anyone ever do a yahoo Image search? The Dazzle on HMS Trenchant was cool, but she only tested it nd it was gone after two weeks.


    Click image for larger version  Name:	poGIA4w.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.5 KB ID:	171956Click image for larger version  Name:	PyXTEbv.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	171957Click image for larger version  Name:	GKE0aHO.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.0 KB ID:	171958Click image for larger version  Name:	DSavLsJ.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	171959

    Leave a comment:


  • trout
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter W
    There were some plans released by Jecobin here in the UK. I have a set that came with my Sheerline Trafalgar. They show the markings on them. Not sure if they're still available ? I might be able to get some pics to you if needed ?

    Peter
    I sure would like copies of those photos or scans Peter!

    Leave a comment:


  • wlambing
    replied
    Gents,
    Thank you for your help and offers! I finally found the full size set of ships plans I thought I had but were eluding me. I'm all set now!

    Take care,
    Bill

    Leave a comment:


  • Peter W
    replied
    There were some plans released by Jecobin here in the UK. I have a set that came with my Sheerline Trafalgar. They show the markings on them. Not sure if they're still available ? I might be able to get some pics to you if needed ?

    Peter

    Leave a comment:


  • wlambing
    replied
    Nice pictures, Gantu! Thank you!

    Leave a comment:


  • gantu
    replied













    Leave a comment:


  • gantu
    replied






    Leave a comment:


  • Das Boot
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	327C0BB1-5A6C-4B6A-B5D8-8A6FA9CE726A.jpeg
Views:	559
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	161960Click image for larger version

Name:	862D7D4A-5128-4431-A243-94A745730590.jpeg
Views:	574
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	161961

    Leave a comment:


  • wlambing
    started a topic HMS Trafalgar Class Submarine Draft Marks

    HMS Trafalgar Class Submarine Draft Marks

    Anyone out there have definitive info or pictures as to the locations for the subject draft marks? I have the stuff needed for my Upholder and Oberon hulls. I'm refurbishing a 1/96 HMS Trenchant in the 1991 paint scheme. Recent videos are not conclusive (clear) as to where the numbers go. If you have some pics,and are willing to share, please send to: wlambing AT comcast.net. Or, post them in the British Submarine page on this site (If you can!)

    TIA,

    Bill
Working...