X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wlambing
    Commander
    • Nov 2020

HMS Trafalgar Class Submarine Draft Marks

Anyone out there have definitive info or pictures as to the locations for the subject draft marks? I have the stuff needed for my Upholder and Oberon hulls. I'm refurbishing a 1/96 HMS Trenchant in the 1991 paint scheme. Recent videos are not conclusive (clear) as to where the numbers go. If you have some pics,and are willing to share, please send to: wlambing AT comcast.net. Or, post them in the British Submarine page on this site (If you can!)

TIA,

Bill
  • Das Boot
    Rear Admiral
    • Dec 2019

Click image for larger version

Name:	327C0BB1-5A6C-4B6A-B5D8-8A6FA9CE726A.jpeg
Views:	300
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	161960Click image for larger version

Name:	862D7D4A-5128-4431-A243-94A745730590.jpeg
Views:	291
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	161961
    Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• gantu
      Commander
      • Apr 2009

Regards Gantu

Comment

• gantu
        Commander
        • Apr 2009

Regards Gantu

Comment

• wlambing
          Commander
          • Nov 2020

Nice pictures, Gantu! Thank you!

Comment

• Peter W
            Captain
            • May 2011

There were some plans released by Jecobin here in the UK. I have a set that came with my Sheerline Trafalgar. They show the markings on them. Not sure if they're still available ? I might be able to get some pics to you if needed ?

Peter

Comment

• wlambing
              Commander
              • Nov 2020

Gents,
              Thank you for your help and offers! I finally found the full size set of ships plans I thought I had but were eluding me. I'm all set now!

Take care,
              Bill

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Peter W
                There were some plans released by Jecobin here in the UK. I have a set that came with my Sheerline Trafalgar. They show the markings on them. Not sure if they're still available ? I might be able to get some pics to you if needed ?

Peter
                I sure would like copies of those photos or scans Peter!
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Albacore 569
                  Commander
                  • Sep 2020

Draft numbers on Trafalgar, Superb and Astute class SSN's, Vanguard SSBN's are a dull red on sides hull and rudder, a medium blue on leading edge of rudder so diving officer can see dive angle through periscope. Models are nice but best to as a general rule look for the actual subs. Sure they are accurate, but what if not, then everyone is copying the same mistake...lol...Not that is happens on the internet...lol Doesn't anyone ever do a yahoo Image search? The Dazzle on HMS Trenchant was cool, but she only tested it nd it was gone after two weeks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	poGIA4w.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.5 KB ID:	171956Click image for larger version  Name:	PyXTEbv.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	171957Click image for larger version  Name:	GKE0aHO.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.0 KB ID:	171958Click image for larger version  Name:	DSavLsJ.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	171959

Comment

• Albacore 569
                    Commander
                    • Sep 2020

will web site editor apprve post above...again Thanks

Comment

Working...