X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sinksalot
    Commander
    • Mar 2020

Thunder Tiger Neptune

Well as it always happens, I was looking for something else and I saw this, a Thunder Tiger Neptune sub. The guy bought it, tested it once in the bathtub, then just put it away as he had a date with his future wife. He never got around to play with it again. As I loved that video Bob made of the Thunder Tiger Neptune, I decided to get it as they are rare, let alone in this condition. Its being shipped from Europe to the US, but i got a very good price with shipping to the US, cant wait to get it. I will first test it how it is, then once I know it works, let the modding begin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tiger 2.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	148890Click image for larger version

Name:	tiger1.JPG
Views:	345
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	148889Click image for larger version

Name:	tiger 3.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	148891
  • Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Wouldn't think the radio is legal in the US.

Comment

• Sinksalot
      Commander
      • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Subculture
      Wouldn't think the radio is legal in the US.
      I got plenty of new 75mhz radio systems to use in it if I need to replace it. I never even asked the guy what Feq the radio was on, as it didn't matter to me.

Comment

• rwtdiver
        Vice Admiral
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Sinksalot
        Well as it always happens, I was looking for something else and I saw this, a Thunder Tiger Neptune sub. The guy bought it, tested it once in the bathtub, then just put it away as he had a date with his future wife. He never got around to play with it again. As I loved that video Bob made of the Thunder Tiger Neptune, I decided to get it as they are rare, let alone in this condition. Its being shipped from Europe to the US, but i got a very good price with shipping to the US, cant wait to get it. I will first test it how it is, then once I know it works, let the modding begin.

Name:	tiger 2.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	148890Click image for larger version

Name:	tiger1.JPG
Views:	345
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	148889Click image for larger version

Name:	tiger 3.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	148891
        Hi Sinksalot,

I purchased a used Neptune from Bob Martin (Nautilus Drydocks) about a year and a half ago!

Name:	P6220356.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	148897

I have been using it in our swimming pool! I have had to do some ballast adjustments to it (weight adjustments) and I purchased and replaced some parts on it.
        I hope you enjoy yours, it is really a quality build machine!

Rob
        "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• Sinksalot
          Commander
          • Mar 2020

Originally posted by rwtdiver

Hi Sinksalot,

I purchased a used Neptune from Bob Martin (Nautilus Drydocks) about a year and a half ago!

Click image for larger version  Name:	P6220356.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.7 KB ID:	148897

I have been using it in our swimming pool! I have had to do some ballast adjustments to it (weight adjustments) and I purchased and replaced some parts on it.
          I hope you enjoy yours, it is really a quality build machine!

Rob
          "Firemen can stand the heat"

Yea If I would not have seen Bob's Video on this sub I would not have bought it. As I wouldn't know how fun it was to run. From all the pictures and videos I seen of it, it looks well constructed. Plus I got a very good deal on it. As this is coming from Europe if may have a 40mhz radio, but that is not a problem, I will just swap out the receiver. I saw Bob replace the prop, I may do that. Oh and one final thing, thank god for google translate. As the guy I bought it from didn't know hardly any English and I didn't know any German.

David
          Last edited by Sinksalot; 04-06-2021, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• coryhenry
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Jul 2020

great score, I have been interested in it ever since bob did his revisions

Comment

• Sinksalot
              Commander
              • Mar 2020

Originally posted by coryhenry
              great score, I have been interested in it ever since bob did his revisions
              If you looking for one, here is one in France that says they will ship to the US.

Comment

• Sinksalot
                Commander
                • Mar 2020

yea I will have to swap out the receiver, as I asked the guy what feq it is at and he said its 40mhz.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                  Welcome to my underwater realm!
                  • Aug 2009

You will have a blast with the boat. I'd recommend a battery upgrade and a higher thrust prop, but other than that, they're absolutely awesome.

Bob

Comment

• Subculture
                    Admiral
                    • Feb 2009

You may be able to recuperate a bit of cash by selling the TX and RX to a country that has 40mhz as a legal frequency. It's a basic set so price it sensible and it should move to a new home, although shipping may be an issue.

Comment

• Sinksalot
                      Commander
                      • Mar 2020

My Thunder Tiger Neptune came.today from Germany, by 2 day shipping, Thank goodness I didn't have to paid for that.. It must has cost the guy at least $230 to ship it that way. I think the guy got it as a gift from someone. As he only tested once in the bath tub and never used it again. So he really didn't know the price of it I think.

Holy hell that is one heavy sub for its size. Now I need to find a raboesch 140-06 prop for it

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2434.JPG Views:	0 Size:	78.2 KB ID:	149015
                      Last edited by Sinksalot; 04-14-2021, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
                        Captain
                        • Apr 2020

You totally scored!!! Very nice!!

Comment

• Sinksalot
                          Commander
                          • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Monahan Steam Models
                          You totally scored!!! Very nice!!
                          The only thing, is this is from Germany, So the radio and receiver is 40mhz and the charger for the sub runs at 240v, not at the 120v in the US. So I can't use any of that stuff. But new 75mhz radios and receivers has never been a problem for me. I still got 4 new 75mhz radios from the 35 eight and nine channel sets I had. I will just set one a side for this sub. As for the charger i got one so that doesn't matter

Comment

• Sinksalot
                            Commander
                            • Mar 2020

Here is another Thunder Tiger Neptune I just found on ebay in the USA for those who want one

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
                              Captain
                              • Apr 2020

Thanks for posting that link!

I’ve been looking for one of these periodically a did not see that listing.

I snagged it! Yay impulse buy! I’ll probably be booted out of the house.

Comment

Working...