X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

WOW!

David, thank you for such kind words! I am sort of at a loss as to how to put all this into words. It means the world to this "Old-wrinkle-bag" to be accepted as a beginner to this wonderful world of RC Submarine builders! I feel very HONORED to be a part of this very challenging and rewarding hobby. My thanks to all of you for making it so special to this old fart! Life is short, and as we age these types of special times are to be cherished. Thank you so much.....

David! I accept your most kind offer! I do no think Bob will mind at all... Thank you so much..

Thanks to all you guys that have responded to this blog! There will be more to come and to learn!

Rob

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by rwtdiver
      WOW!

David, thank you for such kind words! I am sort of at a loss as to how to put all this into words. It means the world to this "Old-wrinkle-bag" to be accepted as a beginner to this wonderful world of RC Submarine builders! I feel very HONORED to be a part of this very challenging and rewarding hobby. My thanks to all of you for making it so special to this old fart! Life is short, and as we age these types of special times are to be cherished. Thank you so much.....

David! I accept your most kind offer! I do no think Bob will mind at all... Thank you so much..

Thanks to all you guys that have responded to this blog! There will be more to come and to learn!

Rob

No problem, sir. Send me your address.

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

Rob,
        It is all about the learning and sharing. Glad you are joining us in this hobby. Look forward to learning from you.
        Peace,
        ​​​​​​​Tom
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• rwtdiver
          Vice Admiral
          • Feb 2019

First of all I want to thank Tom for his kind words!

Those of you that have been following this blog are aware that David Merriman is sending me one of his 2.5" SD. He has asked me to work it into one of my builds and do a WIP critique of the sub build as well as the SD performance. I guess my next question will be, does anyone have a problem with me using this same blog that I started "Surface Runner Submarine Setup" for this new build and any other Sub build project that I might have going? OR, do you think I need to start a new blog?

Thank you all for your input!

Rob

Comment

• Aug 2008

First of all I want to thank Tom for his kind words!

Those of you that have been following this blog are aware that David Merriman is sending me one of his 2.5" SD. He has asked me to work it into one of my builds and do a WIP critique of the sub build as well as the SD performance. I guess my next question will be, does anyone have a problem with me using this same blog that I started "Surface Runner Submarine Setup" for this new build and any other Sub build project that I might have going? OR, do you think I need to start a new blog?

Thank you all for your input!

Rob
            That would ultimately be the Administrators bag, Bob Martin. But, he pretty much lets us play as we will in his sand-box. I assume Bob would be fine on how ever you wanted to manage your posts, Rob.

(and I'm going to tattle, on Rob: he sent me some shots of current submarine model builds … and this guy has it bad!)

It's taken about two weeks for the box I sent him to get to him, that accounts for the delay. Not him. The USPS is the hang-up of the moment.

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
              Vice Admiral
              • Feb 2019

Hi David,

Talk about me being into building!!:-)) I have seen some photos of what you do! WOW! No comparison!

As to my blog that I have started. I think I would like to use what I have on this one and just put another tag on it and start from here. I would just like to make it a mesh mash of all kinds of builds! 3D printed Submarines, Kit Submarines, remodeling existing Submarines, WTC tight compartment builds, Sub Driver, and Modular Sub Drives. By doing this all my stuff would be in one place and easier to keep tract of.

I would keep everything segregated, and use a heading as I go from one to another! What do you all think of that idea?

Rob

Comment

• Aug 2008

Hi David,

Talk about me being into building!!:-)) I have seen some photos of what you do! WOW! No comparison!

As to my blog that I have started. I think I would like to use what I have on this one and just put another tag on it and start from here. I would just like to make it a mesh mash of all kinds of builds! 3D printed Submarines, Kit Submarines, remodeling existing Submarines, WTC tight compartment builds, Sub Driver, and Modular Sub Drives. By doing this all my stuff would be in one place and easier to keep tract of.

I would keep everything segregated, and use a heading as I go from one to another! What do you all think of that idea?

Rob
                Perfect! Too much structure spoils the soup!

David
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                  Admiral
                  • Jul 2011

Do what you want, it is your thread.That being said, for me, a WIP per build helps those following us find things easier. What I appreciate is you are willing to post, so as long as info is out there it can be found I suppose.
                  Peace,
                  Tom
                  If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• rwtdiver
                    Vice Admiral
                    • Feb 2019

Hi Tom,

I think I am hearing you correctly! You would rather see each type of build as a separate blog, rather than each build incorporated into one blog? After thinking about this a little more I see were there could be a problem if people had a questions about a certain project that it could get confusing!

I really like David and his way with words! After seeing some of his photos of his work, I see nothing BUT STRUCTURED perfection in what this man does. I do have a little time to think this through before I start another project, I just want to make sure what I do is right for this forum.

Thank you guys for all the input!

By the way Tom, does "Tom Servo" mean anything to you?

Rob

Comment

• Aug 2008

Hi Tom,

I think I am hearing you correctly! You would rather see each type of build as a separate blog, rather than each build incorporated into one blog? After thinking about this a little more I see were there could be a problem if people had a questions about a certain project that it could get confusing!

I really like David and his way with words! After seeing some of his photos of his work, I see nothing BUT STRUCTURED perfection in what this man does. I do have a little time to think this through before I start another project, I just want to make sure what I do is right for this forum.

Thank you guys for all the input!

By the way Tom, does "Tom Servo" mean anything to you?

Rob
                      (dying to see Tom's face as he reads Rob's question … priceless!)

Recently, Rob, I started a thread which is a rather chaotic 'stream-of-conscience' mish-mash of current work; a sometimes narrated slide-show of work I'm doing day to day, titled, 'today's work'. Not the recommended model as to how one should present his work to an unsuspecting world.

Structured Perfection!? Me? if you could peer into my noggin (there be Dragons Here!) you would find one big David Cronenberg movie set!

But, yes, as Tom suggests, breaking your different subjects into dedicated threads would make following your work a more structured, easy to search resource for the great unwashed out there.

David
                      The Horrible

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
                        Vice Admiral
                        • Feb 2019

OK! Thank you David and Tom.

I do understand what you are saying and will break any new builds I do into separate blogs with dedicated headings.

So with that being said, I am going to give my 3D printed WTC deck a-wash system one more try, and continue on the build on this blog.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P3160001.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	137188

As you all know David has sent me a older style 2.5" SD for me to set up in a submarine build. This will be the blog title. "3D Printed Submarine Build with 2.5" Sub-Driver"

Rob

" There are no mistakes-just happy accidents"

Comment

• trout
                          Admiral
                          • Jul 2011

Corny old Sci-Fi movies (with commentary) comes to mind! LOL

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
                            Corny old Sci-Fi movies (with commentary) comes to mind! LOL
                            Bingo! Mystery Science Theater 3000

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
                              Vice Admiral
                              • Feb 2019

Tom,

Does this do anything for you? As per David, he said I needed to name my Robot "Tom Servo"

Click image for larger version

Name:	P3150001.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	137194
                              Rob

" There are no mistakes-just happy accidents"

Comment

• trout
                                Admiral
                                • Jul 2011

Rob, are you poking me looking for a fight? LOL
                                Call it what you want, I like Merriman Marionette personally.
                                What gets me worked up is your subs on display!

Comment

Working...