Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trout
    replied
    Welcome aboard Rob!
    We all started somewhere. Some had the smarts to start simple others tried to take on too much. More succeed by starting simple than those that jump in with something very difficult. Look forward to what you build or do. Glad that you are here.
    Best piece of advise I can offer, is when you do start to build, take photos start a thread and just ask questions. We all learn from each other.
    Again welcome.
    Peace,
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    started a topic Surface runner submarine setup

Surface runner submarine setup

This topic is for those of us that are just getting started in the RC Submarine hobby and learning from the ground floor up! I enjoy building 3D printed submarines! I have purchased two great sub 3D files from Nautilus Drydocks. The Astute and the Redoutable using his STL files. I will have a some photos and a general explanation as to how I will be doing these two Submarines as Surface Runners!

Just remember this is how I chose to get into this great hobby to start with. Bob Martin of Nautilus Drydocks has stated it well! This is not a hobby for the faint of heart, and should be started at the bottom (no pun intended) and learn before you jump in with both feet! Bare in mind I am new at Submarine building, but I do have 40 years building and flying RC aircraft of all types!

Thank you for your time, and I hope you enjoy my blog!

Rob T.
Working...