Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and expectations

Hello, and welcome to the forums at the Nautilus Drydocks, formerly Sub-driver.com!

We welcome anyone with a passion for submarines and a desire to learn and share knowledge about this fascinating hobby. Use of these forums indicates your intention to abide by our code of conduct:


1. No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites will be deleted immediately.

2. Please post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.

3. Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after or without a warning.

4. No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior is grounds for deletion from the forums.

5. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted.

6. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
See more
See less

Dk type 7 wtc sizerecomondation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dk type 7 wtc sizerecomondation

    A friend of mine has come into possession of a Dan Catcher Type 7 U-boat and he is looking for a wtc /sd size recommendation

  • #2
    What scale you bacon munching, squid throwing, snow creature?

    David
    "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

    Comment


    • #3
      1/48 Dan Kachur
      Why would anyone throw away a perfectly good squid when you can deep fry it and eat it along with the bacon, you mr. Pibb swelling hotdog munching apple pie worshipping American type person?
      hope all is well at the beach

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Rick Teskey View Post
        1/48 Dan Kachur
        Why would anyone throw away a perfectly good squid when you can deep fry it and eat it along with the bacon, you mr. Pibb swelling hotdog munching apple pie worshipping American type person?
        hope all is well at the beach
        Now that the obligatory North American wet-fish-slap-to-the-face pleasantries have been exchanged, what scale are we talking about, Rick? I think the 2.5-3-2.5 Modular SubDriver Bob and I developed might be the critter you need. Give me the weight of the above waterline structures and I can estimate how long that ballast tank has to be.







        As you can see the SubDriver is now physically divided and held together by two union pieces that permit alteration of cylinder length, and change-out of cylinder diameter to suite a specific need. Pretty slick.

        The powerful single brushless motor can be outfitted to output two counter-rotating shafts, such as what is needed for the Kachur Type-7.









        David
        "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm going to guess that it's going to be really close to the Arkmodel Type VII. 8" tank is my guess. 250/300/250 MSD with an 8" tank is what I'd send!

          Bob

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SubHuman View Post
            I'm going to guess that it's going to be really close to the Arkmodel Type VII. 8" tank is my guess. 250/300/250 MSD with an 8" tank is what I'd send!

            Bob
            Yeah!, Rick …. what he said!

            David
            "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named View Post
              What scale you bacon munching, squid throwing, snow creature?

              David
              All seriousness aside, I would like to take a little time to clear up any misconceptions about just who throws squids. The tradition/practice started in Detroit when there were only 6 teams in the NHL and it took winning 8 games to win the Lord Stanley Cup in the playoffs. 8 wins = 8 squid legs - get it?. As a Wings fan from birth - although I harbor a secret love for the Habs - I've been at Olympia Stadium when the invertebrates went airborne.

              So don't blame our neighbors to the South (Detroit is north of Windsor) although a lot of us native Detroiters' ancestors came from Canada - mine included.

              Take off you hoser.

              Dan - eh?

              Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by roedj View Post

                All seriousness aside, I would like to take a little time to clear up any misconceptions about just who throws squids. The tradition/practice started in Detroit when there were only 6 teams in the NHL and it took winning 8 games to win the Lord Stanley Cup in the playoffs. 8 wins = 8 squid legs - get it?. As a Wings fan from birth - although I harbor a secret love for the Habs - I've been at Olympia Stadium when the invertebrates went airborne.

                So don't blame our neighbors to the South (Detroit is north of Windsor) although a lot of us native Detroiters' ancestors came from Canada - mine included.

                Take off you hoser.

                Dan - eh?
                I was an Ann Arbor kid. Only thing the Windsor tunnel was good for was easy access to cheap beer, route for draft-dodgers, and visits to a real honest-to-god castle.

                David
                "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thank you for the recommendation I have passed it on to the owner of the hall balls in his court now

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X