X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rick Teskey
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jan 2009

Dk type 7 wtc sizerecomondation

A friend of mine has come into possession of a Dan Catcher Type 7 U-boat and he is looking for a wtc /sd size recommendation
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

What scale you bacon munching, squid throwing, snow creature?

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Rick Teskey
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Jan 2009

1/48 Dan Kachur
      Why would anyone throw away a perfectly good squid when you can deep fry it and eat it along with the bacon, you mr. Pibb swelling hotdog munching apple pie worshipping American type person?
      hope all is well at the beach

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Rick Teskey
        1/48 Dan Kachur
        Why would anyone throw away a perfectly good squid when you can deep fry it and eat it along with the bacon, you mr. Pibb swelling hotdog munching apple pie worshipping American type person?
        hope all is well at the beach
        Now that the obligatory North American wet-fish-slap-to-the-face pleasantries have been exchanged, what scale are we talking about, Rick? I think the 2.5-3-2.5 Modular SubDriver Bob and I developed might be the critter you need. Give me the weight of the above waterline structures and I can estimate how long that ballast tank has to be.

As you can see the SubDriver is now physically divided and held together by two union pieces that permit alteration of cylinder length, and change-out of cylinder diameter to suite a specific need. Pretty slick.

The powerful single brushless motor can be outfitted to output two counter-rotating shafts, such as what is needed for the Kachur Type-7.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
          Welcome to my underwater realm!
          • Aug 2009

I'm going to guess that it's going to be really close to the Arkmodel Type VII. 8" tank is my guess. 250/300/250 MSD with an 8" tank is what I'd send!

Bob

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by SubHuman
            I'm going to guess that it's going to be really close to the Arkmodel Type VII. 8" tank is my guess. 250/300/250 MSD with an 8" tank is what I'd send!

Bob
            Yeah!, Rick …. what he said!

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• roedj
              Captain
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
              What scale you bacon munching, squid throwing, snow creature?

David
              All seriousness aside, I would like to take a little time to clear up any misconceptions about just who throws squids. The tradition/practice started in Detroit when there were only 6 teams in the NHL and it took winning 8 games to win the Lord Stanley Cup in the playoffs. 8 wins = 8 squid legs - get it?. As a Wings fan from birth - although I harbor a secret love for the Habs - I've been at Olympia Stadium when the invertebrates went airborne.

So don't blame our neighbors to the South (Detroit is north of Windsor) although a lot of us native Detroiters' ancestors came from Canada - mine included.

Take off you hoser.

Dan - eh?

Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by roedj

All seriousness aside, I would like to take a little time to clear up any misconceptions about just who throws squids. The tradition/practice started in Detroit when there were only 6 teams in the NHL and it took winning 8 games to win the Lord Stanley Cup in the playoffs. 8 wins = 8 squid legs - get it?. As a Wings fan from birth - although I harbor a secret love for the Habs - I've been at Olympia Stadium when the invertebrates went airborne.

So don't blame our neighbors to the South (Detroit is north of Windsor) although a lot of us native Detroiters' ancestors came from Canada - mine included.

Take off you hoser.

Dan - eh?
                I was an Ann Arbor kid. Only thing the Windsor tunnel was good for was easy access to cheap beer, route for draft-dodgers, and visits to a real honest-to-god castle.

David
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Rick Teskey
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Jan 2009

Thank you for the recommendation I have passed it on to the owner of the hall balls in his court now

Comment

Working...