Nautilus Drydocks shipments suspended due to large, angry woman...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

Nautilus Drydocks shipments suspended due to large, angry woman...

Namely Hurricane Irma.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers as this storm from hell heads in our direction. As it stands now, it looks like she'll miss hitting us here in Naples head-on, but we'll catch the fringe, for sure.

For now, I'm suspending shipments and battening down the hatches in preparation for this weekend. Things will likely resume normality by the middle to end of next week if things go well. My family and I will be flying out to Iowa to work remotely for our "real jobs" at our head office there, so we'll be safe, even if Florida sinks while we're away...

Best wishes to everyone in her path. Stay safe.

Bob
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Be safe! Take care of the family.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Scott T
      Commander
      • May 2009

Any word from the Boss - Bob Martin after the storm?

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Scott T
        Any word from the Boss - Bob Martin after the storm?
        He lucked out, big-time! No water (no real surge where he's at), house is OK, normal electricity is out (duh!), but he's got a home generator cranking out the Watt's.

Whew! My bread-and-butter guy was not swept out to sea never to be seen again ... so, I still have a Boss who knows business and the game. Best possible outcome after that awful ****-storm, Irma.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
          Welcome to my underwater realm!
          • Aug 2009

Still here!

While Irma shredded my pool cage, demolished my landscaping, and messed up my soffits, she left us alone, for the most part.

I squared up my home, gathered my family and took the first flight out of Naples, heading up here to Iowa to weather out the insanity of the aftermath. Apparently we just got power back at the house yesterday, but still no Internet. Lines for fuel are hours long. Grocery stores have just basic necessities. We're going to chill out up here and head home Sunday in the hopes of things selling down by then.

thanks for the messages of concern and support. They're very much appreciated.

Bob and family

Comment

Working...