X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam reichart
    Ensign
    • Dec 2016

Dave Welch

not sure if he was known here, but Dave Welch passed away, yesterday, I believe... Just wanted to pass that along to let folks here know. He was a heck of a modeler. I didn't know him personally, but to these that did he was a great guy as well.
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

He was an exceptionally talented modeler. I did not know him personally, but his products were top notch. I know he's going to be missed.

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

Only from communication by email. He is and will forever be known as a kind and helpful man who was gifted with creativity when it comes to subs and tugs!
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• reddevil
        Commander
        • Jun 2009

Sad news. A very nice fellow. Sure he'll look for all of us from his ethernal patrol watch place.

Comment

• herrmill
          Commander
          • Dec 2008

Yea just saw the news. Had bantered with him in the past as well corresponded by email. A very nice guy who knew his stuff. RIP Subdave.

Comment

• QuarterMaster
            Rear Admiral
            • Sep 2015

Spoke with him many times at the Groton meet. Always a kind word. An icon has passed.
            v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
            NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
            USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

Now I remember, when the 1/72 Gato first came out, Caswell/Meriman offered a Cylinder for it, but so did Dave Welch. His used the blood pressure cuff system. Nice helpful Guy. He was always building or modifying something.
              IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Drive555
                Ensign
                • Mar 2017

An icon has passed.

Comment

Working...