X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

SPAM settings

I don't know how or why, but some of you are really (really, really) good at getting legit posts flagged as spam. I think some of this has to do with photo uploads and multiple edits of a post. I took a look at the site settings and have turned off one of the more aggressive spam scanners that is installed.

Hopefully this will reduce or eliminate the false flags. The bad news is that it may also increase spam posts.

We'll give it a shot and see what happens. Let me know if you see anything wonky.

Bob
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by RCSubGuy
    I don't know how or why, but some of you are really (really, really) good at getting legit posts flagged as spam. I think some of this has to do with photo uploads and multiple edits of a post. I took a look at the site settings and have turned off one of the more aggressive spam scanners that is installed.

Hopefully this will reduce or eliminate the false flags. The bad news is that it may also increase spam posts.

We'll give it a shot and see what happens. Let me know if you see anything wonky.

Bob
    Thanks for addressing this problem -- I'm probably the guy who gets that awful 'unapproved' stamp the most because of all the pictures I place into a post. Now that you've pulled some of the teeth out of this forum, let's see how it goes from here. Again, thanks.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Subculture
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

I seem to get it when the post includes a web link.

Comment

Working...