Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m.rainbow
    replied
    Hello David.
    I am trying to build a model of this submarine. I would like to make a quality model. That's why I try to find high-quality documents, such as photos, drawings, photos of details, etc. And then I start building. I chose the 1:75 scale. On which the details can be seen. If you can help I will be very happy. I don't have many options how to get such materials. That's why I'm turning to a forum where they have a lot of experience in building model submarines.
    Thank you Best regards.
    Miroslav​

Leave a comment:

• JHapprich
    replied
    I recommend you searching the forum, for there are so many pictures, drawings and so on available already.

Should you still have acces to that site, you need to look for apl 705/705K on forums.airbase.ru.

Happy hunting!
    Jörg

Leave a comment:

• m.rainbow
    replied
    Hello David. What else do I need to add to the thread.?

Leave a comment:

• m.rainbow
    replied
    Good day David
    By the word materials, I mean: photos of the underwater part of the submarine 705 Alfa, photos of details, for example ship's screw, antennas, periscopes, filling and draining holes, service holes on the deck, etc. The basis for building a nice model of this submarine. Thanks for getting in touch. I appreciate it.
    Best regards, Miroslav
    Czech Rebublic​

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by m.rainbow
    Good day everyone
    Friends of submarine modellers. I would like to ask for your help. I am looking for materials to build a class 705 Alfa submarine model. I am mainly looking for materials that are below the waterline. But I would welcome any background on this type of submarine.
    Thank you in advance.
    m.duha​
    Did you not ready the entire thread that you just posted in?

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by m.rainbow
    Good day everyone
    Friends of submarine modellers. I would like to ask for your help. I am looking for materials to build a class 705 Alfa submarine model. I am mainly looking for materials that are below the waterline. But I would welcome any background on this type of submarine.
    Thank you in advance.
    m.duha​
    By 'materials', do you mean information?

David

Leave a comment:

• m.rainbow
    replied
    Good day everyone
    Thank you in advance.
    m.duha​

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Greg Viggiano
    Thanks Everyone - I really appreciate the help. By the way, I inherited this 1:48 Alfa from Andre Burgess who passed away in 2015. We used to sail a lot together.
    Your welcome. Now, you can return the favor by posting your 1/48 ALFA WIP here, at this very same site where you got the help from.

David

Leave a comment:

• Greg Viggiano
    replied
    Thanks Everyone - I really appreciate the help. By the way, I inherited this 1:48 Alfa from Andre Burgess who passed away in 2015. We used to sail a lot together.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    I have the ultimate absolutely the best most detailed Alfa drawings/plans that I got from a good Russian friend.

Leave a comment:

• gantu
    replied
    Email on the way bob.

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    You guys are awesome. It always makes me feel good to see people sharing what they've got with no expectation of compensation, but rather for the betterment of the hobby. Awesome stuff....

Leave a comment:

• gantu
    replied
    I do have a russian book as PDF file very good plans and lot of pictures too.

Leave a comment:

replied

David

Leave a comment:

replied
    GANTU TO THE RESCUE. I wish I had a buck for each time this great guy reached out to help with research. Always good stuff from Germany!

Anyway. Here's what I dug out for you, Greg:

This book by Wayne Frey is a must-have photo book on the ALFA class. Unbelievable drydock shots of a unit in all its below-waterline beauty. Get this book!!!!! ISBN 0-7414-3447-4

That's Wayne in a Soviet uniform. I DO NOT APPROVE! The commie's and us have been holding a razor to each others neck for decades, and it sickens me to see an American -- a civilian American -- play dress-up like this. Bad move, Wayne! The Russian's are adversaries, not our 'good buddies'. But, those *******s make the most beautiful submarines in the world, hands down. Damnit!

David

Leave a comment:

Working...