X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

SubFest 2022 - unofficial thread

I just signed up for SubFest 2022 (Sept 16th - 18th) - https://www.rc-submarine.com/product...nd-information . Look forward to seeing everyone there from last year and hopefully new faces. I cannot recommend this enough if you have not gone to one before. Who else has signed up?
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.
  • SubDude
    Captain
    • Dec 2019

I am in again with Nathan and another of my boys Enoch. Look forward to seeing you again Tom.

Bringing my 1/32 Nautilus, 1/72 Columbia, 1/48 Thresher, 1/72 Fletcher destroyer, Qysea Fifish V6S, Nathan's Thunder Tiger Neptune, my 1/48 Jimmy Carter (un-finished) and a Deboer 1/48 Los Angeles for the raffle. Wish I could have more done but it has been a busy year.

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

I am thrilled to see you and Nathan again. I am not sure how many subs I will bring. It will all depend on how we plan to get there.
      This will be fun!
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Ken_NJ
        Captain
        • Sep 2014

Carol and myself will be there Tom. Did not sign up yet. Yea, looking forward to seeing everyone again. Will be a blast!

My Marlin will be running better than last year, and a few added features.
        And my Skipjack will be working, along with all the underwater lights for the night run.

Will be ready for underwater battles.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Ken_NJ
          Carol and myself will be there Tom. Did not sign up yet. Yea, looking forward to seeing everyone again. Will be a blast!

My Marlin will be running better than last year, and a few added features.
          And my Skipjack will be working, along with all the underwater lights for the night run.

Will be ready for underwater battles.

You wanna swap paint?... you wanna go a few rounds with the Champ?!... Yeah, BEYOTCH!... we'll swap paint!

David

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Das Boot
            Rear Admiral
            • Dec 2019

Coming with my 1/96 Blueback a few surface boats.
            Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• trout
              Admiral
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Das Boot
              Coming with my 1/96 Blueback a few surface boats.
              I may have a Seaview for you.

Comment

• Das Boot
                Rear Admiral
                • Dec 2019

Originally posted by trout

I may have a Seaview for you.
                Seaview is always a welcome sight.

Comment

• wlambing
                  Commander
                  • Nov 2020

Ken,

If you come at David with a 1/72 Fletcher DD, he will run and hide!!!! ;)

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                    Captain
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
                    You wanna swap paint?... you wanna go a few rounds with the Champ?!... Yeah, BEYOTCH!... we'll swap paint!
                    My Marlin could use a new paint job after being underwater for 8 months. So bring it on David.

Ya think so Bill?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Ken_NJ

My Marlin could use a new paint job after being underwater for 8 months. So bring it on David.

Ya think so Bill?
                      ... and this concludes the trash-talk'n part of the exchange. Be there!
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                        Admiral
                        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

... and this concludes the trash-talk'n part of the exchange. Be there!
                        Oh, you do not get off that easy. Here is how David greeted my wife.....She was on the phone and I took a photo for her. Truly, you need to come to this event. A lot of different challenges and skill building events. Not to mention the great exchange of knowledge that occurs.
                        Last edited by trout; 08-04-2022, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Oh, you do not get off that easy. Here is how David greeted my wife.....She was on the phone and I took a photo for her. Truly, you need to come to this event. A lot of different challenges and skill building events. Not to mention the great exchange of knowledge that occurs.
                          NOOooo... DISCAIMER!!!! I would never do that in front of a female-type, Tom. I had no idea she was at the receiving end of that sneaky phone call!!!!

That greeting was aimed at you, pal!

David
                          Hurrrunph!
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Das Boot
                            Rear Admiral
                            • Dec 2019

That’s the Mickey Mouse glove greeting.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by wlambing
                              Ken,

If you come at David with a 1/72 Fletcher DD, he will run and hide!!!! ;)
                              Which reminds me. I'm not done with you yet, Destroyer-boy!

David
                              Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...