• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

SUBFEST 2021 - Official Info Thread

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
    Click here to go to the event FAQs and register!

WHAT is SUBFEST?

SUBFEST 2021 will be the follow up to the first annual, tremendously successful SUBFEST 2020 event.

It is an opportunity for RC submarine enthusiasts to gather together to run their boats, see each other's projects, learn from each other, attend seminars, win prizes, compete against one another, and generally.... have an awesome time.

SUBFEST is not only for sub skippers. Anyone is welcome and there is no better way to "get your feet wet" if you're thinking about getting into the hobby than coming in, talking about subs with experienced owners, and getting your hands on the sticks of a real, working RC submarine.

WHEN is SUBFEST?

SUBFEST 2021 will be taking place from Friday, September 24th to 26th, 2021. Events run throughout the day, and the event schedule will be posted as we get closer to the event.

WHERE is SUBFEST?

SUBFEST 2021 will be re-visiting the amazing Red Clay Resort in Cohutta Georgia. The facility is absolutely perfect for the event and features crystal clear spring fed water with concrete bottom and shoreline, grassy area surrounds, covered picnic areas, concession stands, washrooms, nearby parking and much more. There is RV parking on-site if you want to set up a motorhome or tent on site (though there is no power/water hookups, so come prepared!).

WHERE do we stay?

SUBFEST 2021 is located approximately half an hour east of the Chatanooga, TN airport, and 20 minutes south of Cleveland, TN. Both cities offer multiple options for hotel accommodations, and staying in east Chatanooga or south Cleveland will cut your commute time down even further. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of options in close proximity to the event, but realistically, you will only be commuting once in the morning and once in the evening, so this isn't a major issue at all. There are food options onsite, so you won't have to leave the resort until you're subbed out (as if that could happen).

WHAT happens at SUBFEST?

SUBFEST 2021 will feature three days of RC submarine action.

• Unlimited access to the crystal clear waters of the Red Clay Resort's spring-fed pool
    • In-person demonstrations, seminars and Q&A sessions with some of the hobby's most experienced builders
    • Raffle prizes including a FULL RC submarine builder's package ($1500 value!)
    • T-shirts for all submarine skippers
    • Contests for navigation, engineering and scale
    • Skipper networking
    • Evening on-site dinners (let's hope for the same amazing seafood boil as last year!)
    • SO MUCH MORE!

Attached Files
  • RCSubGuy
    • Aug 2009

EVENT SUPPORT AND PRIZES

Support SUBFEST and win Prizes! - CLICK HERE TO DONATE AND CHECK OUT THE PRIZES

There are only a handful of RC submarine events held annually, and making it a memorable experience for attendees is the result of a lot of hard work and no small expenditure of cash on behalf of the organizers.

Certainly SUBFEST is no exception. I like to think that it stands head and shoulders above all others, offering an unmatched venue, educational seminars, and, of course, absolutely epic prizes for those that make the effort to attend.

In an effort to help keep the event afloat and offer even more value for this and future SUBFESTs, we are again running our event raffle, which will take place live at the event venue on Saturday, September 25th. Sub Skippers who are in attendance are automatically awarded 10 entries each, but some prizes are also open to anyone wishing to help support this and future events, even if you can't attend. Skippers already registered are welcome to donate as well and are entitled to the relevant number of additional tickets.
    For each $10 you donate to the event, I will also award one entry for the amazing prizes that you see listed here. This list will be updated constantly as new prizes are collected, so the value will only get better as we near the event date! As a bonus, if you donate over $50, you will get a free SUBFEST 2021 commemorative T-shirt!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SUBFEST2021_Shirt-Front.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	151798

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      • Aug 2009

Agenda:

Thursday, Sept 23rd
      Afternoon Setup for the event crew
      6:00PM Evening Meet and greet dinner at local restaurant (details to follow)

Friday, Sept 24th
      8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Venue open for operations
      1:00PM Live seminar - trimming your submarine: An untrimmed boat will go through the entire process, start to finish, ending with a pond run!

Saturday, Sept 25th
      8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Venue open for operations
      1:30 PM Live Q&A with experienced sub skippers - open topics for all
      3:00 PM Skipper's Choice Awards and raffle drawing
      8:00 PM Night Run

Sunday, Sept 26th
      8:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM Venue open for operations

Above times and dates are subject to change, weather, and the whims of the organizer ;)

Comment

• Das Boot
        Rear Admiral
        • Dec 2019

I can't wait to see my friend Subdog.
        Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• RCSubGuy
          • Aug 2009

As of right now, I'm planning on sending the event materials up with Jason and his son. He will get there Thursday afternoon. I will be flying up on Thursday afternoon myself, landing in Dalton. All in, that will save me about 14 hours of driving time for the up and down trip.

If anyone is located along my flight path between Naples, FL and Dalton, GA, I'd entertain the idea of landing at a nearby airport, picking you up, and then dropping you off again on the way back on Sunday afternoon.

Bob

Comment

• RCSubGuy
            • Aug 2009

I just got my stock of official SUBFEST t-shirts and they are AWESOME! SO comfortable. I have my first batch here, but there will be limited stock, so get yours while you can! All proceeds go toward offsetting the (not-insignificant) cost of putting on the event, so every bit helps.

Registered sub skippers get a free shirt, but anyone can purchase online and at the event. Here is the link.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SUBFEST2021_Shirt_mockup.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	152713Click image for larger version

Name:	SUBFEST2021_Shirt-Front.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	152714

Comment

• Das Boot
              Rear Admiral
              • Dec 2019

Looks like the weather might be different from last year. Extended forecast calling for high 80’s to low 90’s with overcast. Could mean some swimming.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                • Aug 2009

I'll take it!

Comment

• Das Boot
                  Rear Admiral
                  • Dec 2019

Looks like the forecast has changed a bit, for the good!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• SubDude
                    Captain
                    • Dec 2019

I will confirm with Darrell if we are still meeting Thursday evening for dinner at Anejos or if we need to do something different.

Comment

• Das Boot
                      Rear Admiral
                      • Dec 2019

Someone bring a grill and we can cook out.

Comment

• SubDude
                        Captain
                        • Dec 2019

We will be having low country boil and possibly steak, baked potato and salad for anyone who wants it and the venue served a light breakfast and lunch last year plus there is the Red Wolf Grill just up the road if you'd rather have something like that.

Comment

• SubDude
                          Captain
                          • Dec 2019

We are on to meet at Anejos Grill on Thursday the 23rd at 6:00 for anyone who can make it. Anejos is located at 3901B, Cleveland Hwy, Dalton, GA 30721. If you run into any issues text me at 828-230-2727.

Comment

• Das Boot
                            Rear Admiral
                            • Dec 2019

It looks like the weather will be prefect. Seems Bob Martin is the luckiest guy to crap between between two legs. 70's in day and 50's at nights. No rain.

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                              Captain
                              • Sep 2014

Question about the 'pond'. This will be my first time at Subfest. How deep is it? I know it's a concrete 'pond'. Is the bottom concrete? Just thinking of a boat scraping against the bottom if it should happen.

Comment

Working...