Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

Fall 2020 Submarine Regatta in Cohutta, GA

We have an exciting opportunity for our first ever
    Nautilus Drydocks
    RC Submarine Regatta

But before we get too far, we need your help to understand if an event like this would be of interest, and what sort of things you'd like to see there.

In order to help you make these decisions, here are some preliminary pieces of info for you:

Date:
    September 18th to 20th, 2020

5510 Red Clay Road
    Cohutta, GA 30710

Amenities:
    Spring-fed pool with crystal clear water and sandy shorelines, power, restrooms, on site concessions, camp grills, potential for on-site camping (to be confirmed)

Proposed Agenda Events:
    Pre-event dinner meet-and-greet, workshops, guest speakers, contests for construction and navigation, raffles, club boat for newbies to try, prizes and giveaways, free photography and videography, much more!

If this sounds exciting, I need to hear from you in order to estimate the number of attendees. Please fill out the form on the event page of my website and let's see if we can make this happen!

Click here to give us feedback and indicate your interest!

People indicating interest will be added to a mailing list and updated as new information is available.
    Attached Files
  • Rick Teskey
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jan 2009

Crona is the only deterrent and 12 or 13 hours drive, on the plus side, it is all down hill!
    The wife saw the pictures and said I going with you!
    So we need shopping excursion for the girls!

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      Welcome to my underwater realm!
      • Aug 2009

Rick,

We were talking about putting someone in charge of events and excursions for non-sub people.The owner of the resort also runs a travel company and we could potentially hook up with rafting, shopping, hiking or other activities to keep them busy. If kids come, we could organize soccer/football/frisbee games on site as well.

Bob

Comment

• Rick Teskey
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Jan 2009

I mentioned this too Dwayne and Ted, any chance of getting the lawn island guys out of ny ? Ed ? they went too Groton.

Comment

• type7
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Apr 2009

Looks great!

Comment

• Subculture
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Do you think four month notice might be a little tight?

Comment

• QuarterMaster
              Rear Admiral
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Rick Teskey
              I mentioned this too Dwayne and Ted, any chance of getting the lawn island guys out of ny ? Ed ? they went too Groton.
              I'm already in, Groton cancelled anyway and who knows when Joe Oliver nails it next year,

Great location personally. Yes it's a 14 hr drive from eastern Long Island, 3-4 of which is battling thru the NY Metro. But it's only 7 hours from Summerfield FL for "Sub" Eddie.

Making for a GREAT yearly Father/Son event for me.

Reserve a block of hotel rooms for the "Tribe".
              v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
              NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
              USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

Working...