• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SubDude
    Captain
    • Dec 2019

Originally posted by rwtdiver

Steve,

That is a great looking Redoutable! Can you tell what MSD or SD you put into yours! Watching it go under really got my blood pumping again! I built the Redoutable, but my basic design was just for pool operation and used for surface running only.

I 3D printed my own WTC (No balast system at all) After seeing yours go to the bottom it sure got me wishing mine could do that!!

A little more trim work on yours and you are going to have one nice Submarine for sure. Thanks for sharing your video!

Rob

"Firemen can stand the heat"
    Thanks Rob. I am running the new 2.5/3/2.5 Modular Sub Driver from Dave Merrimon that I got through the Nautilus Drydocks. It is a very good fit for the sub.

Comment

• SubDude
      Captain
      • Dec 2019

Enjoyed the Dive Tribe get together tonight. Bob, no joy on reversing the pump and solenoids on the Mtronics ballast module.

Comment

• SteveNeill
        Commander
        • Apr 2020

I missed it again. Did get a notice. Bob? Am I missing something? Please advise.

Comment

• SteveNeill
          Commander
          • Apr 2020

OK! Yes just got the email notice. A bit late but I got it. Do we use Zoom? As always, thank you David!

Comment

• RCSubGuy
            Welcome to my underwater realm!
            • Aug 2009

Email notification should have went out sooner, but it did go out 30 minutes ahead of time (at least from my end).

The next Gathering will be June 11th. Same time. Same place. The updated times of the next meeting are always posted on both my home page at www.nautilusdrydocks.com and on the DiveTribe members home page.

Comment

• SubDude
              Captain
              • Dec 2019

Ok, I got the ballast control module working perfectly. Issue is with solid state relays that even on the load terminals there is a load terminal and a source terminal. In otherwords, it matters which terminal you connect directly to the coil or motor and which terminal you connect the source wire to. Gotta love Google. I simply reversed the wires in the screw connectors and its all good. Just so happened that I had both backwards. Bob, perhaps that is what you were telling me but I misunderstood.
              Last edited by SubDude; 06-01-2020, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• SubDude
                Captain
                • Dec 2019

Question, how do you size capacitors for a pump motor to cut down on the RF noise?

Comment

• SubDude
                  Captain
                  • Dec 2019

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

.02uF, ceramic, anything rated over 25-volts. KISS
                  David, thank you for the info. The caps were the ticket. No more glitches.

Comment

Working...