X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuarterMaster
    Rear Admiral
    • Sep 2015

"Goo" at the new pond

A little news from our local group......

So Ray Mason and I went to test out Kaler's Pond with the boats this morning. Unfortunately it's riddled with Spirogyra in the beach/launch area. Irving's scale PT109 went about a foot before the props fouled, so forget launching/hauling subs in that part of the lake it this time of year. The deeper water by the bulkheads is clean, but difficult to lower large boats safely with the drop to the water there, smaller boats possible. Maybe early spring or fall if it's gone.

We WILL meet next week the 27th, NOW at Lake Ronkonkoma, breakfast at BLD's 0900 sharp (What can I say? We wanna submerge!)

ANYONE who is located on Long Island in New York (NY Metro too), we are actively running monthly and asking you to join us. Hence the post. Also, not running ponds Island side have the "goo" lol.

Here now....the "goo"!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	spirogyra.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	122988
    v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS
  • Makofi
    Ensign
    • Aug 2018

I would be very willing to join

Mak
    Platinum Access Limos

Comment

• QuarterMaster
      Rear Admiral
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Makofi
      I would be very willing to join

Mak
      Platinum Access Limos
      Sorry for the late response.

We're running this coming weekend, Sunday 9/2 1000, Lt. Michael P. Murphy Memorial Park at Lake Ronkonkoma, south end. Breakfast at BLD's on Hawkins Ave. 0900 sharp if you wish.
      Know were that is on Long Island?

PM me if you're going.

"Sub" Ed
      v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
      NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
      USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

Working...