Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
    May I get on the list? Tom Chalfant - tchalfant@earthlink.net? Would sure enjoy driving some subs with you guys.
    FINALLY! We get to meet. Bring your Type-23. Oh .... hang on! you lost that boat. Sorry. Should have thought that through. Never mind.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• QuarterMaster
      Rear Admiral
      • Sep 2015

May I get on the list? Tom Chalfant - tchalfant@earthlink.net? Would sure enjoy driving some subs with you guys.
      DONE! Passed onto Ray "The more the Merrier" Mason.

ALCON,

Please contact me via PM (that way I don't have to constantly return to this thread to check) if you wish to placed on Ray Mason's yearly "Groton SubFunRun" invitation email list for the trek to the "First and Finest" US Submarine Base two day fun run.

Need your name and email to pass on.

I will announce this again for the 2018 invitations.

"Sub" Ed

v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
      NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
      USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

FINALLY! We get to meet. Bring your Type-23. Oh .... hang on! you lost that boat. Sorry. Should have thought that through. Never mind.

David
        I have a 23 in the works and it will run level like my first one, not bob up and down uncontrollably. I'll let you run it so you know how it feels to have one work LOL.
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

I have a 23 in the works and it will run level like my first one, not bob up and down uncontrollably. I'll let you run it so you know how it feels to have one work LOL.
          Ouch! Touché, sir! (I had that ass-kicking coming for sure).

He's right. For weeks I could not get my Type-23 to run stably underwater -- never did figure it out before I had to send it to Mike. I really need to see how Tom has gotten his to work so well.

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

David, I enjoy our banter. For anyone reading this, that does not know David or Me well enough, I owe my beginnings into RC subs to David and Mike. With that said, I can not hold a candle to David's talent or even suggest I am a better sub builder. The Type 23 went together well and I am certain if David had the time his sub would be rock steady!
            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

David, I enjoy our banter. For anyone reading this, that does not know David or Me well enough, I owe my beginnings into RC subs to David and Mike. With that said, I can not hold a candle to David's talent or even suggest I am a better sub builder. The Type 23 went together well and I am certain if David had the time his sub would be rock steady!
              (you're spoiling our fun, Tom!)

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

(you're spoiling our fun, Tom!)

David
                O.K., I take back what I said. David is a do-nothing slacker......feel better baby?

Comment

• Aug 2008

O.K., I take back what I said. David is a do-nothing slacker......feel better baby?
                  (perfect!)

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...