Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Photos from the meet

Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

FUN RUN! Looks like FUN!
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

Where is the pictures of boats running? 8 photos that is it? Come on, I live through others photos! Tell me there is more.
      Sigh, I guess I will be happy with these. :-)
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
        Where is the pictures of boats running? 8 photos that is it? Come on, I live through others photos! Tell me there is more.
        Sigh, I guess I will be happy with these. :-)

Ellie, me and Viv (anyone looking for a 71 year old single gal from the islands? Trust me, Filipino gal's are the best) just got back ... and boy are our arms tired!

Seriously, though. We over-nighted in Dover and got back here in the early morning. We attended the one-day event at the North-Lake, Submarine base, Groton. Had a frig'n ball! Nice to meet old friends and make new ones as well. Ran our boats in very clear, easily got too water. Anyone remembering the first SubRegattas know the site and how well suited it is to our needs.

A special thank-you to Joe Oliver and Ray Mason who did all the set-up and ground-work. The event was on-time and according to plan. We finally hooked up with Ken and watched his magnificent 1/35 SubTech MARLIN go through its paces. This was Ken's first r/c submarine, but he brought many, many hours of scratch-building, electronics, and system integration experience to that project. I only wish I could get some of my boats to run as well as Ken's MARLIN.

Tom, to answer your question: Ken took stills and video. I know Ray shot stuff too. And some enterprising so-and-so even got us all together for a group mug-shot (always fraught with risk!). I got some video of the new 1/96 BLUEBACK on and under the water to up-load to Youtube. Stand-by!

Just got the thing uploaded .... https://youtu.be/hkBUMyUnVpg

M
        Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 09-15-2015, 11:58 PM.
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Von Hilde
          Rear Admiral
          • Oct 2011

Pictures are too small for my worn out peepers, and my reading glasses have CA fingerprints all over them with imbedded cat hairs

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Von Hilde
            Pictures are too small for my worn out peepers, and my reading glasses have CA fingerprints all over them with imbedded cat hairs

I got the canvas, Dave. Beautiful!

M
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
              Admiral
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Tom, to answer your question: Ken took stills and video. I know Ray shot stuff too. And some enterprising so-and-so even got us all together for a group mug-shot (always fraught with risk!). I got some video of the new 1/96 BLUEBACK on and under the water to up-load to Youtube. Stand-by!

M
              Ken's Marlin is inspirational in so many levels. Glad he had a great time!
              As far as the group photo goes, yes it is scary, I recall a picture of you with a group of guys giving a one finger salute! Look forward to the follow on video and pictures.
              I'll ask my 60 year old brother if he is up to taking on Viv. I do not know it might be too much for him.
              Anyways, glad you are back safely and everyone had a fantastic time.
              If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Von Hilde
                Rear Admiral
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
                I got the canvas, Dave. Beautiful!
                M
                Glad it made it OK, didnt get the extra insurance. Happen to take pictures up in Groton of any cool stuff? I stepped away from the projects untill the KW songwriters convention is over this weekend. Tomorrow I will get back to something around the house, if not the house itself. Its up on the top of the not so fun list of toodoos or 2 dues. List is so backed up I had to start a second one.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
                    Ken's Marlin is inspirational in so many levels. Glad he had a great time!
                    As far as the group photo goes, yes it is scary, I recall a picture of you with a group of guys giving a one finger salute! Look forward to the follow on video and pictures.
                    I'll ask my 60 year old brother if he is up to taking on Viv. I do not know it might be too much for him.
                    Anyways, glad you are back safely and everyone had a fantastic time.

Yeah, Ken was due for a pay-off on all that good work. Model looked fantastic, and by the end of the day it operated that way too. Ken's a true Craftsman!

Take it from me, older gal's are the way to go. Yeah, I know what I'm talking about.

M
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Von Hilde
                      Rear Admiral
                      • Oct 2011

Older women? If she's 71, I would be robbing the cradle. Probably beat me in a foot race to the mailbox.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Von Hilde
                        Older women? If she's 71, I would be robbing the cradle. Probably beat me in a foot race to the mailbox.
                        Damn. Close, yet so far.

M
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                          Captain
                          • Sep 2014

Hi guys! Thank you sooo much for the kind words Tom and David!! I had a blast at this event and look forward to next year. Best model boating event I can say I've been to. Big thanks to David for asking me to go and to Ray and Joe for organizing it. I should have a video up on Youtube by the end of the week, all 45 or so minutes. Don't think you will be disappointed on the video.

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                            Rear Admiral
                            • Sep 2015

No photo's of worth from the Sept 12th Sub Base run, but for those of you not on FB, here is the video I put together and had posted there. GoPro is a fun thing.

Next year I plan to have it in my 80" SEAVIEW. The Tesky PROTEUS will sport it as well when I get off my tuchus and finish it.

Enjoy....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"Sub" Ed
                            v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                            NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                            USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                              Captain
                              • Sep 2014

Here is my video.... Big window: http://www.youtube.com/embed/XJa2w9t...=1?&autoplay=1 Small window: https://youtu.be/XJa2w9tg7UM

Comment

Working...