• Show
Clear All
  • Markos1388
    Ensign
    • Jan 2010

Thank you very much!
    ________
    Ford Towcommand
    Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 02-19-2011, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Markos1388
      David I must apologise before hand as I have many newbie questions. How did you connect a brushed motor to the receiver as the motor has 2 wires and the receiver has 3 wires?
      I hope i dont upset Outrider again by changing the subect away from your U214 again.
      There has to be an interface device between the receiver and a motor, brushed or brushless. This will either be a servo operating a mechanical switch, an electronic speed controller, or an electronic switch.

The output from the receiver port is a low current pulse train of no utility to a motor directly -- that pulse train contains the 'information' on what you want a specific device to do; the electric motor needs that information converted to a DC command of a useful voltage/current and for that current to be of the desired polarity and amplitude.

Bottom line: you don't' hook up a motor directly to the wires coming out the receiver port.

David,
      ________
      Gustav otto
      Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 02-19-2011, 02:23 AM.
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Outrider
        Commander
        • Aug 2008

Time to bring this thread back up to PD...

It's still 2010, and there are a few shopping days left before Christmas. (It's not even "Black Friday" yet.)

Any chance Santa will be able to stock up on fittings for one of the modern Revell 1:144 subs or on the smaller 1:72 Special Navy kits?

Am I the only one interested?
        ________
        Triumph america
        Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 02-19-2011, 02:30 AM.

Comment

• vital.spark
          Commander
          • May 2010

David, any eta for the 214 fitiings kit and subdriver? I'll be back in the States this September and would like to pick these up if they would be available.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by vital.spark
            David, any eta for the 214 fitiings kit and subdriver? I'll be back in the States this September and would like to pick these up if they would be available.
            I have not wrapped up either the fittings kit or the SD for the 214. Other projects and production work has intervened.

David,
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Outrider
              Commander
              • Aug 2008

In the meantime...

The Greeks have finally accepted and commissioned the Papanikolis (http://www.thyssenkrupp-marinesystem...howPressDetail) and the Portuguese commissioned their second Type 209 PN (which actually is a Type 214). Soon enough, we'll also see Type 214s from Turkey and from Pakistan. The South Koreans will probably have the most, though. They have three in service and 6 being built.

For those wondering the basic philosophical difference between the Type 212 and the Type 214... (both of which are kitted by Revell in 1:144)

The 212s are non-magnetic steel, something especially valuable for shallow water ops as are required in the Baltic Sea. Sit quiet on the bottom and, with no magnetic signature, they're pretty hard to find. X-tail is supposed to be an advantage in shallow water ops, too.

The 214s are more for open ocean ops. The steel has a higher magnetic signature than what's used in the 212. 214s are bigger boats (9m longer), but have about the same submerged displacement. 214s have 8 torpedo tubes vs. 6 for the Type 212. Doubt the Wizard will be able to give us any weapons in 1:144, though.
              Last edited by Outrider; 03-21-2011, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Working...