X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

The Trumpeter Kilo - Cabal Report

David Merriman's Cabal Report for the Trumpeter Kilo

Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Trumpeter Kilo Weights

I am fiddling with my model Kilo, getting ready for a pool run, and in the bottom of the hull, Mr. Merriman had written the weights down. I thought this might be useful to members.

Forward 5.43 oz
    Center 1.1 oz
    Aft 0.5 oz
    Attached Files
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• redboat219
      Admiral
      • Dec 2008

I need to connect my Viper 10 ESC to the speed 250 motors in the Kilo 2" SD.
      I looked over David M's cabal reports here but the particular technique was not discussed. Then I remember reading it in in his personal site;

Unfortunately those very important pictures are missing.

Just want to check which leads I need to solder from the ESC to the motor to make it rotate counterclockwise. ( I'm planning to also use mini bullet connectors to connect them together)
      Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by redboat219
        I need to connect my Viper 10 ESC to the speed 250 motors in the Kilo 2" SD.
        I looked over David M's cabal reports here but the particular technique was not discussed. Then I remember reading it in in his personal site;

Unfortunately those very important pictures are missing.

Just want to check which leads I need to solder from the ESC to the motor to make it rotate counterclockwise. ( I'm planning to also use mini bullet connectors to connect them together)
        This is not a big, hairy deal! ...

... Hook up the damned ESC wires to the motor and if if spins backward from what you want then un-solder the wires to the motors and swap 'em. And, doesn't your transmitter have servo/ESC reversing switch for each channel? And, if not, what kind of cave-man, piece of **** transmitter you got there anyway!????.....

Space is so tight in there -- just hard-wire between the ESC and motor, will yah!? So what if you have to put the iron in there again to swap wires or devices.

David,
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
          Admiral
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Merriman
          Doesn't your transmitter have servo/ESC reversing switch for each channel?
          Forgive my ignorance as a neophyte oh great wizard but I didn't know that was possible.
          Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

Working...