• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • george
    Captain
    • Dec 2010

Looking for your Torpedo documents you were going to post

Hello HWSNBN
    A LONG time ago, before health and flood issues, you said you would look, when you had the time, for the documents of your 1/72 torpedo and launcher build and post the complete paperwork for all to see. Any chance that you can do that soon? Also you were going to look for a 1/96 torpedo and it`s brass plug for me.
    Please let me know if you can do the above of Great One!!!!!
    Many humble Thanks
    George
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Thanks for the reminder, George. It slipped by me.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      Welcome to my underwater realm!
      • Aug 2009

Having a hard time uploading non-image files, so I threw Dave's torpedo document on my site. You can view it by clicking here:

Comment

• george
        Captain
        • Dec 2010

Hello
        Again Thanks to HWSNBN and SubHuman for the above document post.

I am a bit confused as I thought maybe there would be schematic blueprint type drawings for the 1/72 torpedo and launcher, with ALL kinds of measurements etc.

Any chance HWSNBN was able to find the 1/96 torpedo and brass plug for me?

Thanks Again
        George

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by george
          Hello
          Again Thanks to HWSNBN and SubHuman for the above document post.

I am a bit confused as I thought maybe there would be schematic blueprint type drawings for the 1/72 torpedo and launcher, with ALL kinds of measurements etc.

Any chance HWSNBN was able to find the 1/96 torpedo and brass plug for me?

Thanks Again
          George
          Well ...

That's all I can dig up quickly -- I'm currently knee deep in production work. You'll have to wait a bit more for that, George.

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

George, you want the schematics? I would try to work it out yourself. Are you intending to produce the launchers and torpedoes?
            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• george
              Captain
              • Dec 2010

Hi trout
              Yes for my needs; 5 -- 1/72 subs and a 1/96 sub.
              I know you can move the mech. from sub to sub BUT I figure that once one sub is setup and running nicely, don`t touch it anymore accept for maintenance.
              George

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

I think everything to make them yourself is posted throughout the site. You are asking a lot out of David and the new owner Bob when you want the complete drawings and want it free too. You did not want to pay for it when it was available (I get fixed income and all) and now you want the schematics. The system is not difficult, it is a much refined version of Mike Dory's torpedoes. The refinement was David's work. Something he should be compensated for. If he chooses to post the info, bonus for you, but if he does not, then make the launcher yourself and post questions as you build. I might be speaking out of turn for David and Bob, but if you do not put your work into it, why should they give it to you free or trust you can make it safely? David has posted cutaways and how it works all over the place. Collect the information and make it your system. Then post all the details. Have you built these subs yet? If so, I would like to see the build on them.
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• george
                  Captain
                  • Dec 2010

Hello Again
                  To Mr. WHSNBN, Thank You for ALL your time in posting what you have here reg. your torpedo and launcher. It is appreciated.
                  To Mr. Trout, If you had read some of my earlier post here and in the torpedo section you would have seen that WHSNBN offered to help me with the information and as much tech. drawings he could find and post here. So I don`t think it is fair to imply that I am bugging him, I know he has gone through a lot and is extremely busy. So that`s why there is a delay by me over a period of time of me asking about the torpedo and launcher. As for reverse engineering it from his pictures, well better to ask specifics of the MASTER himself so I don`t waste material and limited finances.
                  George
                  Last edited by george; 01-26-2017, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Working...