X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Outrider
    Commander
    • Aug 2008

Time to bring this one back up to PD...

Is this hull suitable for manufacture with the Z cut already done?

There are some great 212 photos posted elsewhere in this forum. Among the details they show are the many zincs close to the waterline. Are these in the fittings kits now?

Now that this has been in production for a while, anything worth discussing about its operational performance or about its construction?

Any recommendations on the X-tail mixer?

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Somehow I missed this post. Thanks to Rick Palumbo for giving me the heads up on Jim's post. Fair questions and they deserve thoughtful answers.

The 1/144 kit features a left-right hull half. So, no, you first have to glue the two halves together, then split at waterline. I would further cut the thing up fore and aft to achieve the Z-cut longitudinal and radial separation points between upper and lower hull.

My 1/96 212 kit does not provide the external hull zincs. Something for me to consider. Good point.

My 212 is fast and almost too maneuverable, easy to get into trouble quick. And the X-tail mixer I'm using right now is not giving me the left-right, up-down coordination desired -- I'm thinking of mechanically mixing the yaw and pitch servos to see if that improves stern control surface coordination.

If you can secure a V/X-tail mixer that permits programming of the degree of mixing between the two channels (ch-1 and ch-2), that is the type I would recommend. But, keep in mind that there is only enough usable volume within the after dry space of the Type-212 SubDriver to permit a small mixer in there.

David,
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• oztruck
        Commander
        • May 2010

The links to the instructions don't seem to work for me.

Comment

• oztruck
          Commander
          • May 2010

Got it, all is good.

Cheers Chris

Comment

• Subculture
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
            My 212 is fast and almost too maneuverable, easy to get into trouble quick. And the X-tail mixer I'm using right now is not giving me the left-right, up-down coordination desired -- I'm thinking of mechanically mixing the yaw and pitch servos to see if that improves stern control surface coordination.

If you can secure a V/X-tail mixer that permits programming of the degree of mixing between the two channels (ch-1 and ch-2), that is the type I would recommend.

David,
            If you have a computer TX, just dial in a bit of negative exponential into the dive plane channel, and/or set up a reduced rate on that channel.

Comment

Working...